Electric Guitar Experts?

I am buying a new electric guitar, I have decided that I want a les pauls because they look awesome, and I love the sound they produce. My problem I am running into is which les paul to buy, maybe some of the guitar players here can help me choose. I am looking to buy from muscians friend. My choices are as follows:

Product #: 35997

Product #: 132377

Product #: 518353

Product #: 518661

Product #: 518558

Product #: 518770

Also, If you don't mind telling me which color choice you would pick. I am using this guitar with a 30 watt spider ii amp, and I play country, pop, rock. If any of that would effect your pickings.

Thanks so much.

Im not sure how search for a product number, i tried a few ways but no go.

But i believe this is the one my friend has, and is in love with
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/518340/

You just type it in the search box and it will pull up the guitar.

Either a Les Paul Studio or Special are great LPs.

I've played both - owned one (but it was a '60s).

Both are great for all kinds of music.

Personally, I like black guitars, but the dark red ones are nice looking as well (red w/ black pick guards).

Re: Electric Guitar Experts?

Product #: 518353 - Should have close to a stock Les Paul Sound

Product #: 518661 - Bolt on neck - this one will not have the classic Les Paul sustain.

Product #: 518558 - Similiar to the 518353 - the alder top may be a little darker sounding than the 518353's maple top.

I did not find the other models yet. While Epiphone is part of the Gibson family it is the lower end guitar. This is a good way to get into a Les Paul without the cost of Gibson. You can get a close sound of the original. If you play long enough you will notice a diiference in playing and sound.

I dont know much about Les Paul but if you will play the covers with your guitar than effort for Gibson because most of the famous bands made by Gibson and I could never be able to imitate most of the lead guitar sounds without Gibson, tough i were a Slash [ from GNR ] fun and not able to buy a Gibson while I was at college due to insufficient pocket money but it worths

I have a friend with the Product #: 518353, He bought it there as well. But has the wine red one. I am strongly considering this guitar over the rest. But I am also wanting the sunburst. Is there diffrent kinds of vintage sunburst, because when you look at the photo it shows no black around the edge, but when you few the zoomable photo it does, and I ask the guy why that was at muscians friend and he said they were both vintage sunburst, and I asked him how I knew which version I was going to get and he said it was impossible to know. That kind of through me off guard.

Originally posted by AustinS
    But I am also wanting the sunburst. Is there diffrent kinds of vintage sunburst, because when you look at the photo it shows no black around the edge, but when you few the zoomable photo it does
    The two most popular sunburst finishes, and the two most associated with 'vintage' les pauls are tobacco sunburst and cherry sunburst. The tobacco sunburst fades to a very dark color - almost black - at the edges while the cherry fades to red.

and I ask the guy why that was at muscians friend and he said they were both vintage sunburst, and I asked him how I knew which version I was going to get and he said it was impossible to know. That kind of through me off guard.
    Forget musician's friend, their people are generally clueless, and I have serious doubts that there's a single actual musician among anyone who works there anyway.

I really wouldn't recommend buying any guitar through mail order unless you absolutely have to. Guitars are -very- inconsistent from one to the next in several areas - construction quality, tonality, 'feel' (the latter two due mainly to diffences in grain direction and density of the woods used for the neck and body), and the only way to really find 'your' guitar is to go down to Guitar center or wherever and start pulling them down from the wall one by one until you find something decent. Once you start playing them side-by-side, the variations will become obvious rather quickly.

If you can, bring an experienced player with you who knows how to sight a neck for warps, twists, etc...as well as loose/raised frets. These things aren't difficult to spot (sight down the neck as if looking down a rifle barrel and look for any dips or unevenness across and along the edge of the fretboard), but having someone along who's done this before can be an invaluable help.

Finally, if you like to read, may I present the bible - "The Guitar Book"by Tom Wheeler. Currently out of print but very available at amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/off...?condition=all

In my opinion, the most informative book ever written about the guitar.

-B

It appears you are looking at Epiphone Pauls.

Be warned even though they are made by Gibson they are not true Les Pauls, they are batch made and set up not made to the same standards as a real Gibson Les Paul. Kind of like buying a Mexican Fender Strat.

If you are wanting a real Les Paul do some searching, go to some local stores in your area search Ebay there are some real bargins on real Pauls out there. Like this one http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/517536/

You will not be disapointed that you by passed the Epiphone for the genuine thing.

I love Pauls had a 82 Les Paul Custom Deluxe white Randy Rhodes model for years and have owned a few on and off over time.

Everyone a gem.

Of course if your budget can afford it you would love this one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/517125/