I need to make some quick cash - fast

Hey Guys,

I'm in need to make some money - fast.

My husband just got fired from a job that he's work at for 6 years now (not taking any personal days off, or sick days - worked over time, when they begged him to - without saying anything against it...)...

So we're income-less until we can get to the unemployment office (takes about 3 weeks to get any kind of money)....

I can do support work, server admin work, etc

I'd even sell my soul at this point....

But I need money....

If anyone can help, please contact me, ASAP!

Thank you for your time, and for all your help!

Re: I need to make some quick cash - fast

Originally posted by rockergrrl
    Hey Guys,

I'm in need to make some money - fast.

My husband just got fired from a job that he's work at for 6 years now (not taking any personal days off, or sick days - worked over time, when they begged him to - without saying anything against it...)...

So we're income-less until we can get to the unemployment office (takes about 3 weeks to get any kind of money)....

I can do support work, server admin work, etc

I'd even sell my soul at this point....

But I need money....

If anyone can help, please contact me, ASAP!

Thank you for your time, and for all your help!
    Trust me i've been in this position before..I know alot of people that need work done here and there since I am an admin too, I will go ahead and see if I can get you some work lined up through some people I normally do admin work for, I will send you off an email once I get a hold of someone for you.

*bows*

Thank you SOOOO very much! If I weren't married I would kiss you! haha

Email me at tmellon ((((@)))) gmail.com

I owe you forever!

Unfortunately, I just finished filing my husband's unemployment form online (yay for online stuff), and $$ wont come in for 3-4 weeks. Luckily he still has a last paycheck - which will go to paying the rent - that's about it.

Unfortunately, I just found out my mom has been laid off from the lawyer she was working for (for 3 years), because they changed their office around (in how they're doing stuff now).

So I don't have anyone to borrow money from (my in-laws are hard up on cash right now as well).

Thank you again! I GREATLY appreciate it! I really do (if only you knew how much!)!

-- wonder if I can contact Golden Palace to have them tattoo me for a couple grand j/k --

You said you're willing to do support work. What experience do you have? What hours are you available (EST if possible)?

I have 7 years of server administration experience, 5+ years in hosting specifically (doing admin, tech support, etc -- I would say I would be a level 2 support tech). I've worked for/helped several hosting companies in the last 4+ years (a lot that post there).

If you would like a resume sent, I can send it, just PM me your email address.

Hours available are 9am - 2pm, and then 3:30pm to 11-12pm Eastern.

Right now, I'm willing to do anything - if I can do it, I'll accept the position.

I will hire you. Whats your msn or aim?

Great how people try to help! rockergrrl wish you good luck in these hard times that you are passing through.

Thank you everyone will your kind words and PMs, I'm greatly appreciate it!

My husband was pretty much our only real steady source of income. I have 2 kids, and I'm already worried about everything. For all I know he could be denied unemployment (who knows). I'm hoping not!

Thank you again everyone! I greatly appreciate it, I really do!

All the offers, and kindness has brought tears to my eyes. You know when people like you, when people are more than willing to help you out -- even giving up their possible income to help!

Its amazing!

You'll all been great!!

Just got off the phone with rockergrrl. Very nice person.

I'm happy to say that tomorrow she will be joining DemoDemo as a Product Developer. She has a solid foundation in knowledge of web hosting and I believe she will make a valuable contribution in her new position.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Well done Vito! I'm sure she will be an asset to the company...
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

damn vito, nice touch

Yes... Thank you Vito for everything you have done!

I greatly appreciate it!

Sorry if I might've made you uncomfortable on the phone - I was just so overjoyed, that I was crying - luckily not too loudly

Everything that has happened today, has completely floored us, and we weren't expecting it, as he's worked there for 6+ years - you would think it would have a little bit of job security behind it... NOPE! Even the BEST (he was), employee can get fired for something entirely stupid!

That's great to hear!! Wow Vito to the rescue! Need anymore employees? I would make a valuable asset as Babu's feeder! I will even supply the Bananas!

I hope many more great things come to you and your family rockergrrl!

Sorry, Christina. Babu already has developed an eating disorder when it comes to bananas. The last thing we need is another feeder!!

If anything, we need a good rehab program for him so that he can get back to a normal diet and lifestyle.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by vito
    Sorry, Christina. Babu already has developed an eating disorder when it comes to bananas. The last thing we need is another feeder!!

If anything, we need a good rehab program for him so that he can get back to a normal diet and lifestyle.

Vito
    Send him down to Nova Scotia. My son has a rule around this place: Nobody (except Liam) is allowed to eat banana's.

Rockergrrl: Good luck in your new position with DemoDemo/Netasis. It's a great company (though the owner is a little wacky).

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Well this thread is really emotional as i started to read out since i am in the similar situation and dont have much work to do.But later on as i go on reading i see the kind people at WHT doing the best they can.

Specially Vito who took time and offered the job personally over phone.

As for Rockergrrl I hope the bad times will be over soon.A bad time always tell us that you have already enjoyed good time.So you have to face every aspect of the life.

Anyways Good Luck with Your new Job and I hope you do great work at DemoDemo.
    Fresh Apple : Unofficial Apple Weblog @ freshapple.in

Thank you, everyone, I appreciate your kind words and encouragement!

You find out how much people care about you. I'm thankful for everything and everyone here.

Even though I've never met, pretty much any of you, you have all helped me out - maybe not financially, but emotionally. That's better than any money could fix.

You've all been a blessing more than you'll ever know. I thank you. If I could personally give you all a hug, I would!

I thank God for everyone one of you, you've all been great friends to me! A great blessing!

I guess thread can be closed. I hired her husband too (really a nice guy, the husband is to deal with).

Yup, I don't need any assistance (God willing ) now. But PMs of encouragement are always welcome

Even though I know everything will be ok, there is always that feeling inside you, praying that it will be ok, and nothing will mess what you have now up.

rockergrrl, best wishes to you and your husband! You are definitely still in God's hands despite these hard times you have hit...

I am touched by all who tried to help -- providing support, financially and emotionally. I am glad to know that there are a lot of nice people here in WHT. I know that they will certainly be blessed in return for their kindness.

Despite the many struggles and bad things in this world, it's people like you who make the world a much better place to live in!

God bless!
    * Coupons - [ ISpyCoupons.com ]

* [ DealHostUSA.com ] - Affordable hosting solutions

Yes, God works in mysterious ways.

Something that may seem like a huge road block in the middle of the road, the end of the world...

And because of the loving and caring people here on WHT, the road block as been lifted.

I wasn't expecting all of this, I was just looking for odd jobs to do until $$ came around from whatever avenue... $10 here, $20 there, never expecting a steady job out of it at all.

I'm sure there is probably someone that's reading this thread, and thinking... "Why does she expect a job -- like its owed to her.."

I don't think that at all. I work for my money, I'm not one to take handouts, unless deamed absolutely necessary. And if I have the ability to pay someone back if they lend me the money, I do so (even if they said I don't, I do).

God has bless me, as well as others on here with wonderful friends on here. I don't have the priveldge of having a lot of friends in real life anymore. Being a work at home mom, I don't get out at all really, and all my friends in high school live up in Michigan, and in surrounding states - so I just can't vent and rant to a friend - or ask for a couple bucks and then replay them back.

If I had the ability, I would thank every single one of you in person. I'm sure one day I will. You've all been a blessing to me - more then you'll ever probably know!

Yesterday at 11am, I was so distraught and angry at his work, I called him his manager, and more or less cussed her out. If I would've went there, I probably would have done more. Its totally unlike me to do something like that. I'm usually easy going - calm, cool and collected. But I felt betrayed by his work. He had worked there for over 6 years - almost 4 years at his particular Club - he helped setup this club (its fairly new). When we first moved here, my husband rode his bike 6 miles to and from work, in 96*F heat... didn't complain. He got employee of the month that October ('01).

He's done such a great job doing what he did, that he got a letter personally from the CEO of Sam's - commending him, and his customer service, and his work in general. Barely anyone get's letters like this - so its not something that's prefabbed. No one else in that area has ever received anything like that at all. He didn't take any paid personal days off, didn't take any of his paid sick time... he worked overtime, when asked - without saying anything against it - even if it meant giving up one of his days off (he's came in when called in the morning of his days off). He's even pulled all nighters for various reasons - without saying anything against it.

They're really going to miss him there, they're going to realize they made a huge mistake. He's the only one there that knows what he's doing - and does it well (and I'm not just saying that -- he's been told that). They'll probably realize this week, as it kicks them right in the balls.

Oh well... their loss (literally. My husband wont go back there even if they ask him - or even by offering him more money.

Why? There had been many mornings and evenings, where he was the only one working out there - literally. He would be handling the desk, and the garage - with 5 customers waiting in line. Which is against OSHA policies for work like that. There has to be 2 people in the garage at all times - he's been the only ones doing both...

We are going to file suit against them (with another person that has been fired the other day - the team leader of the shop. Even though Florida is an at-will state. With the OSHA regulations broken (we have lots of witnesses of this), we have it in a bag (its already been accepted by a lawyer). I'm not doing it for the money, although money is always welcome. The store needs to "pay" for the OSHA rules and regulations that they've broken. The say my husband "broke a safety rule" - well so did they -- an even BIGGER one... I just don't want it to happen to anyone else there!