Tektonic - what happened?

I don't wish to be biased but I have an account with them for over 6 months. It was doing real good initially, have no problem at all.

But recently I got few down times in their server. Anyone with Tektonic/Unixshell getting the same problem? Or ddoes anyone know what their company is up to recently?

I need more feedbacks to decide what to do next, whether to switch or continue, thanks.

I have a 1/2 hourly script that moves backups to a unixshell vps, I've been using them for about 6 months with no noticiable problems, until this morning. The script last ran at 07:45 GMT, and I haven't been able to access my server, or unixshell.com since then.

Here's hoping they come back soon, but maybe I won't be hanging around too long. Anyone have any info on the downtime?

Lightbulb

I have an account from Unixshell and use for dns. This morning SiteUptime sends a mail :
    ----
    Alert Type: Site Not Available
    Result: Failed
    Time: October 1, 2005 01:10:29 PST
    HostName: nameserver.xyz
    Monitor Name: Web
    Service: http
    ----

My vps down until October 1, 2005 01:10:29 PST... I want to know why ? I can't access to billing.unixshell.com too...

The funny thing is : I have a mail from unixshell, they said my credit card about expire (actually, i renew it today ) and update my information... Good but where , and how ? -maybe i must add why ?- My vps down plus i cant access billing page...

Although , they are a good vps provider , i hope this situation is temporary..

I used my unixshell VPS two houres ago, but now it is down.
    Unscheduled - no warning.

Can't Reach Them

I've been using Tektonic for over a year, there has been a few unscheduled outages before but none of them took this longer . Hope this is not a serious problem, because our customers who can not reach their emails keep calling and I can't do anything. I'd better start to restore my backups, it seems.

Have been with them over a year. Was about to switch over a new virtuozzo server with them, which is now down. My old server with them is still up. Tired of the lack of support there.

OK, now they 're online....

Outage was due to new router installation again. I apologize for the problems as of late due to this, but it was required for the network to expand in the future (DoS mitigation, BGP, etc). There was a problem with a (bad) ruleset beig auto-loaded this morning and our outside monitoring (Alertra) failed us badly.

Our billing systems are hosted off-site, but e-mail was down so the night time support did not have any tickets coming in to alert them to any troubles, just seemed like a slow night.

I believe any traces to the bad ruleset have been completely removed.

Trust me, I hate outages such as this more han anybody probably, definitely NOT good for my business/livelihood. After the problem was fixed my morning consisted of pacing around screaming obscenities at a remote router

I've had a VPS with unixshell# since late August, however, over the past month it was shut down for the majority of the time as I was using a dedicated server, and had no time to get the VPS up and running until now. Last night I started playing with it, and I think there may have been a problem then, but I'm not sure. An OS reload was taking quite a while to install, so I just left it and came back today. Everything seems fine so far, but I have no monitoring setup, and I'm not using this VPS for production, so I really can't say too much.

I'll have to get Alerta setup for it, and keep a closer eye on things, but I haven't noticed anything myself yet.

The unixshell network seems to be tanking again -I can't connect, and I'm loosing at least 3 out of 4 packets when pinging them.

I hope support is reading webhostingtalk.com, because the forum and support.unixshell.com is down too - hopefully they don't think it's another quite night again... :-)

Was it stopping at our router or what? I have no pages or other customer complaints..on our RTG graphs I don't see any drops in traffic either.

We are located at GNAX.net so apparently there was some packet loss regarding their Level (3) connection. Please see the thread regarding GNAX in this same forum for details.

The thread title is "GNAX Down?" for your information.

Thanks WiseOne.