VerseHost support: Does it even exist?

On September 21 I submitted a ticket to VerseHost support through their online ticket system. I checked back today and there has been no response.

I am currently trying to submit another ticket on a different issue but it is incredibly difficult because their ticket system keeps logging me out. I suspect this is because of the NAT system running on my network, so the ticket system is seeing my changing IP and logging me out. That really doesn't do me any favors.

I have tried the Live Chat Assistance button on the front page of their web site but nobody is ever there.

I had a good relationship with VerseHost in the past, but that was many years ago and it appears they may have changed owners. If this is the quality of service I can now expect from VerseHost, I won't be sticking around for long.

(As for the ticket I am now trying to submit, it deals with the errors returned when I attempt to create a new MySQL database through phpMyAdmin)
    Last edited by appletreats; 09-26-2005 at 03:04 PM.

sorry to hear about your lack of support, man.. best of luck!
    Eleven2 Web Hosting is helping the Red Cross
    Eleven2 Hosting - www.eleven2.com
    Help The Red Cross - www.redcross.org

appletreats,

Did you attempt to send them a direct e-mail?
    Did their ticket system respond with a ticket ID?

Try this if you still don't get a response:

VH Technologies, LLC
    +1.8775735595
    Fax: +1.8775735595
    P.O. Box 681
    Freehold, NJ 07728
    US

If all else fails, make a backup of your site and move on to a new we bhost. Even when they do respond, always make sure you have most recent backup of your website.

Best of luck, I hope your issue gets resolved

Originally posted by WN-Ali
    If all else fails, make a backup of your site and move on to a new we bhost. Even when they do respond, always make sure you have most recent backup of your website.

Best of luck, I hope your issue gets resolved
    Couldn't agree more, even when times are good - backups are a must!
    SimplyReseller |-| Reseller / Multi-Domain Hosting Services
    • CPanel |-| Multiple Domains |-| WebHost Manager
    • Free SSL Certificate and ClientExec with EVERY plan!
    • True 24/7 Support |-| Open Discussion Forums

The only advise anyone will give you is, if they fail to respond to direct E-mails and trouble tickets move on to a company that will support what you need. Good luck getting everything resolved.

Thank you for the advice. I just found an (alleged) voice number and money back guarantee on their web site, so I will be trying to work things out that way tomorrow.

appletreats,

Glad to hear it.
    Let us know how things go!

This is completely bleeping ridiculous. I decided to call their voice number (from this page) to cancel my account, and it did indeed connect me to a line that said VerseHost. I was then asked by a voice recognition system to say the name of the department I was calling. I said "Billing," waited, received a message stating that the number was not in service, and then it hung up on me. I tried again, this time saying "Customer Service." Same result. Tried again with "Operator." No luck. Does anyone have working contact information for these scumbags?
    Last edited by appletreats; 09-29-2005 at 04:08 PM.

I tried calling again and asked for "David," as I found his name associated with VerseHost on some review sites. It connected and rang but I was told her was not available. I left a message.

I tried again and asked for "VerseHost;" I was connected to a confused-sounding woman who, when told I would like to cancel my account and receive a refund, said I had the wrong number.

I can't get through to them on the phone and they aren't responding through email. Any advice on what exactly I should do to get my account cancelled and my money refunded?

fyi, you probably won't be able to create a database through phpMyAdmin, you will have to use cpanel or through php code that I posted in this thread.

I am so sorry to read this. It is sad when a host just becomes so distant from their customers that they have to try every angle possible to reach them. Your Host should be making the attempt to contact you and anything else "would be uncivilized".

As Ali suggested, I would backup my server and prepare for a move, but as far as canceling goes, there is no subscription end (if you used paypal to purchase) or anything in your billing login? Quite the unfriendly host you have there.

I wish you the best of luck with whoever you decide to go with for your next host, or if you decide to stay with VerseHost. Be sure to post some updates on your decision for us.
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

I have already found a new host, transferred all my files, and updated my nameservers. They are using ModernBill, but I can't find anything in the MB interface to end my subscription -- perhaps I'm missing something?

They are unresponsive by phone, email, forums, and ticket system. It's becoming fairly clear that I am not going to receive a response, so I suppose I will have to go through my bank to stop these charges.