Cool walking vs. running vs. biking

Which one is better?

The almighty Revue says walking is better.

I say biking.

Nobody on the side of running was involved in the first discussion.

For me, biking is better because i can't walk for a while without being crippled for a few days after walking. In addition to that, i use more energy biking, and i can make it out to remote locations alot faster than if i were to walk. The main factor for me is i can bike 10 - 20 miles in one day, and still be able to ride the next day. If i walked that far one day, my feet would be too blistered, and my legs would be too stiff to operate for at least 3 days.

Lend your opinion to the discussion.

If you are not doing it just for transportation from a to b, then running is better.

It depends. In terms of calorie burning, running or very vigorous biking is best. Walking is a good social exercise. Biking is scenic and good transportation. Running burns tons of energy and builds a lot of muscle.

Now, I think swimming is better than all of those.

Running is better hands down. It gives me that sense of satisfaction that one simply cannot derive from walking or biking. Running refreshes my mind and keeps me in an alert state of mind.

Swimming is the best of 'em all though, but it can be inconvenient at times.
    Have you Floble'd today?

It can depend in what kind of injury you have or are susceptable to. Running can be best if you can do it or build up to it. It can be tough on the joints, but for that very reason, if you build up gradually, it may strengthen them. Then again, it might tear them down.
    Walking can be a good weight loss exercise. Usually less intense, but you continue longer. It may be less injurious, but not always. Blisters, heel spurs, etc. I was doing a good amount of walking, but I thewn I started getting heel pain last June. I need to substitute more bicycling.
    Not counting collisions, bicycling is usually not injurious and great exercise.
    Bicyclists who build up from bicycling and then take up running often get injured because the strong parts overdo the weak parts. The trick for success is to start gradually with running even though you feel you can do more.

I think walking can get you the best benefit with the most convenience and least exertion.

if your not too active it's a great place to park. Leave the SUV at work next time you go to get coffee.

I think you need to share what your goal is. Because; wouldn't "which is better" be dependent upon what you're trying to accomplish?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I think you need to share what your goal is. Because; wouldn't "which is better" be dependent upon what you're trying to accomplish?

Yes there are a lot of factors that come into this question. What if the person can only walk? What if that is more healthy for them then running? Or riding a bike compared to walking.

I want to lose 80 pounds in 1 year, and be able to excercise daily.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue

There is no best workout, only the workout that is best for you.

Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs