Thread: Slow servers

Slow servers

I made this section to warn people of slow servers. and invite others to add to it.
    1 server i know is eastside-hosting.com i was getting a download rate of 16.6k from this and this isnt a one off - its always slow. I once had web hosting with it and it was down for a few months with a host excuse of " a truck crashed into the server centre" lol - funny init.

a truck crashed into the server centre" lol - funny init.
    Which host was this

Im not sure i fully understand your post......

Regards,

a truck crashed into a server centre? yeah. bail, man! if they have your servers right by the front door of the building, you shouldn't host with them. there's no telling what else could go wrong.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting is helping the Red Cross
    Eleven2 Hosting - www.eleven2.com
    Help The Red Cross - www.redcross.org

LOL

Very nice excuse

AN-Webhost

They advertised on here around Christmas, for $20 one-off payment you got 3gb space and 60gb transfer

I took it up, not expecting great service, but some would have been good, for hosting video files on

they were often at speeds of 8 kbps!!!

They have since deleted everything from their server and tell their "customers" to "Be patient"

for a one-off fee then obviously you can't expect much, but they did offer other plans as well, which I presume were on the same server

I think its nuts. Speed is very important when buying hosting, my servers kicks out over 700K with many people logged on.

I think eastside hosting is on dial up or very slow broadband lol.

You should also be careful from the ebay offers. I paid almost $300 for a dedicated once from miyi-hosting.com after the first month the root wouldnt login and ive never heard of the person again but no more payments where taken. i guess these posts are fopr the crap and slow servers . lol . Right now ive unlimited on a fast server and i dont pay a penny but i like to help out my host.

Lightbulb

Wow, thats an incredible excuse. Even if truck did crash and destroy the servers, they would probably mobilize to another facility if they wished to stay in business.

Some servers restrict the amount of download speed per user.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Re: Slow servers

Originally posted by jokiemay
    " a truck crashed into the server centre" lol - funny init.

I needed that. Thanks!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

I'm waiting for the news cast to say "And today a plane crashed into a building destroying 2000+ servers. We believe this was a terrorist attack from another hosting company, but we'll keep you posted!"

What a loon!
    Eleven2 Web Hosting is helping the Red Cross
    Eleven2 Hosting - www.eleven2.com
    Help The Red Cross - www.redcross.org

Originally posted by Zach-E2
    I'm waiting for the news cast to say "And today a plane crashed into a building destroying 2000+ servers. We believe this was a terrorist attack from another hosting company, but we'll keep you posted!"

What a loon!

HAHAHAHAHA good one

I said to the host " whats next? a helecopter landing on it ?.

Im happy with leet-hosting.net , they give a free domain and fast reliable hosting, ill be opening another site soon and if you can offer a free domain and beat their price , let me know.