Unmanaged UK/EU, Plesk, MySQL4, €150-200?

Looking for recommendations for an unmanaged Plesk box in the UK or EU (must have good english). Must come with a linux distro that includes MySQL4 out of the box. Budget EUR€100-200 (~GBP£70-130) or so.

EDIT: I'm actually looking for a replacement for 1and1 UK's GBP£50 Root Server 1 (which comes with FC2, so no MySQL4), so if there's a reliable alternative in the same price range, all the better.

Thanks,
    adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 09-12-2005 at 07:09 PM.

You may want to take a look at the dedicated and colo offerings forum for some of the deals that are listed there.

I will VooServers, however I'm looking for recommendations first. I could get a great server in there with 99.999% downtime.

Thanks,
    adam

I notice 1und1 run SuSE 9.1, which seems to ship with MySQL4, does anyone know if their techs speak english?

Also, do they use an automated IVR setup system like in the US?

(I'd be curious about the same for the UK branch too.)

Thanks,
    adam

Hello,
    CTN1.net, the offer plest and most of the well known linux distros. I think OVH.com does it too. Both in France.

Best Regards
    Oskar R

check out www.iracks.com
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Thanks a lot, I'll check those out.

Originally posted by SWEoNET
    Hello,
    CTN1.net, the offer plest and most of the well known linux distros. I think OVH.com does it too. Both in France.

Best Regards
    Oskar R
    I couldn't find any information on "plest" the linux distribution. I think you mean plesk which is acutally a control panel not a distribution in it's self.

To run plesk you must have a base linux or windows operating system of your choice.

to the OP: The mysql 4 install is a relitivly easy process perhaphs you should consider paying someone to do it once you have your server if you arn't comfortable doing it. This will open your provider options up more.

Cheers
    Jona

Quote Originally Posted by JonaY
    The mysql 4 install is a relitivly easy process perhaphs you should consider paying someone to do it once you have your server if you arn't comfortable doing it.
    I'd expect someone so pedantic about other people's comments to actually read the request fully:

Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta
    Must come with a linux distro that includes MySQL4 out of the box.
    adam