hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Ever see something crazy while on the road?
Reply

Forum Jump

Ever see something crazy while on the road?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 3,975

Ever see something crazy while on the road?


A few days ago on the drive home from upstate NY, I saw a Tow truck, which was towing another truck.. which was towing another truck...


Basically... a truck, towing 2 trucks...

I managed to get some pics of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...uckontruck.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ckontruck2.jpg


Anyone else have some cool finds?



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old
Eternal Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 11,059
Re: Ever see something crazy while on the road?

Quote:
Originally posted by ilyash
... I saw a Tow truck, which was towing another truck.. which was towing another truck...
Yeah, while it might have looked like the 2nd truck was towing the 3rd truck, in actual fact, that is how they typically "stack" trucks to transport them. With cars, they can pile them into those transporters. But needless to say, trucks are too large for that setup. So they end up just piggybacking them.

Vito

__________________
DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  #3  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,852
I've seen that a lot of times around here.

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 257
I've seen those a few times, but I've seen one thing on the road that I will never forget.... And honestly, had I not seen it with my own two eyes I would have never believed it would have happened.

I was going down the freeway and ended up behind a car that was going very slowly and was following awfully close to the truck in front of it. After a few seconds I realized the truck was towing the car..... As I passed the two vehicles, I noticed that they were towing the car with panty hose and duct tape..... Seriously, panty hose and duct tape. They had one leg wrapped around the bumper of the truck and the other leg wrapped around the bumper of the car, with duct tape wrapped around the length of the panty hose for structural support.

I looked at the two toothless, mullet sporting drivers as they exited off towards a "white trash" part of my town and just shook my head and kept on going, thankful that the panty hose and duct tape held up.

__________________
Justin Albrecht
Weberz - Quality H-Sphere Web Hosting
No Risk Reseller

  #5  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 2,752
ever seen a car towing a truck?

__________________
I'm Zafar Ahmed.
I provide
SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
I'll be glad to hear from you


  #6  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,419
Just yesterday I saw the most surreal thing ever... and it wasnt just me... everyone around me saw it too. There was this red mustang with a ricer paintjob (flames, whatever), a big spoiler, etc. On the back and front of the car, it had flashing lights like a cop car. (those ones that look like flashing headlights and taillights). It was playing music like from an ice cream truck, but really loud, we could hear it coming and were like wtf. Then it pulls up, driving slowly, and the driver looks over at us. It's a guy in a clown suit, but the most evil clown I've ever seen! He just kind of stares, smiles evilly and drives off. It was the most surreal thing I've ever seen. I have no idea wtf that was.

__________________
Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
AIM=IQPhat
MSN=xshare101@hotmail.com
EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

  #7  
Old
Aspiring Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cardiff, UK
Posts: 375
Re: Ever see something crazy while on the road?

Quote:
Originally posted by ilyash
A few days ago on the drive home from upstate NY, I saw a Tow truck, which was towing another truck.. which was towing another truck...


Basically... a truck, towing 2 trucks...

I managed to get some pics of it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...uckontruck.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ckontruck2.jpg


Anyone else have some cool finds?
Hehay! No Hands! love the second photo, looks like you just shifted across and took the photo. I sure hope you had cruise control and a bit of rope holding the steering straight.

But seriously kids, don't take photos while driving.

-btw, I don't really think you were driving as well.

__________________
Peter Hall
Tera Web Hosting
UK Web Hosting and Backup Storage

  #8  
Old
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 246
You want to see crazy?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14213413883.jpg&s=x4

Enough said...

__________________
James Edmonds
DataDork Consulting
http://www.datadork.com

  #9  
Old
Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally posted by DataDork
You want to see crazy?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14213413883.jpg&s=x4

Enough said...
hmm...I don't see anything and I've been staring at it for a minute.

  #10  
Old
Web Hosting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 257
The helmet is on wrong. She's looking out of the portion that should be around the neck........

__________________
Justin Albrecht
Weberz - Quality H-Sphere Web Hosting
No Risk Reseller

  #11  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally posted by CyanoX
hmm...I don't see anything and I've been staring at it for a minute.
I can't stop laughing!

__________________
---

  #12  
Old
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally posted by Xshare
Just yesterday I saw the most surreal thing ever... and it wasnt just me... everyone around me saw it too. There was this red mustang with a ricer paintjob (flames, whatever), a big spoiler, etc. On the back and front of the car, it had flashing lights like a cop car. (those ones that look like flashing headlights and taillights). It was playing music like from an ice cream truck, but really loud, we could hear it coming and were like wtf. Then it pulls up, driving slowly, and the driver looks over at us. It's a guy in a clown suit, but the most evil clown I've ever seen! He just kind of stares, smiles evilly and drives off. It was the most surreal thing I've ever seen. I have no idea wtf that was.
......LOL

Reply

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Over 400 Tor Sites Offering Illegal Goods and Services Shut Down by Law Enforcement Web Hosting News 2014-11-10 11:51:52
Did the FBI Use Illegal Techniques to Find Silk Road Server? Web Hosting News 2014-09-10 09:24:18
Australian Web Host Crazy Domains Irretrievably Loses Customer Data, Offering $100 Credit to Affected Accounts Web Hosting News 2014-05-20 10:56:27
SiteLock Listing 2014-01-27 21:06:52
The Real EIG HostGator Deal Valuation Blog 2013-09-26 13:31:36


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
WHT Host Brief Email:

We respect your privacy. We will never sell, rent, or give away your address to any outside party, ever.

Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:
WHT Membership
WHT Membership



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?