For fictional domain names use example.com (RFC 2606)

Ok, this is a little pet peeve of mine and maybe a little nick picky, but I would like to encourage the use of example.com example.net and example.org when talking about fictional domain names.

Why? Because they are outlined in RFC 2606 (section 3) as reserved domain names. It can become confusing if you use site.com somedoman.com or even yourcompany.com (all working domain names) that you are not really talking about that actual domain, if you use example.com most people will know you are not listing a real domain name.

Thank you for listening to my little rant.
    --

Nobody comes even close to following the RFC's anymore. Heck, most people don't even know what it means. But yes, this is good point.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

I know this will probably not really effect how people write domain names. But if one or two more people are aware of the RFC I will have done my job.
    --

Just to jab ya a little ( I know there are .com,.net.orgs...)

What do you do if you are referencing two distinctly different domains in the context of your post?

You cant say :

My A record points to example.com and I want to point a subdomain to example.com instead of example.com.

And if I use example2.com well that violates the RFC

Now I'm really confused