Talking Canary poops cannabis plant, says Lesvian septuagenarian widow

Lesvos, Greece -- A 75-year-old Greek woman has been charged with drug offenses after police in her sleepy island village spotted a small cannabis plant growing on her balcony, authorities said.

Hariklia Griva, a widowed mother of four from Ayiassos, on the eastern Aegean Sea island of Lesvos, was arrested Wednesday and charged with growing cannabis with the intent of trafficking in the drug. She was released on bail of $2,480.

The retiree, whose late husband was a policeman, told police the 16 inch potted plant grew from seed dropped by her pet canaries. The birds live in a cage on the balcony overlooking a busy Ayiassos street -- opposite the local police station.

"I couldn't believe it, when they told me I was being arrested," Griva said. "The plant must have grown from the bird seed. I had no idea what the plant was. I watered it regularly. I thought it looked quite nice."
    Last edited by Acroplex; 09-07-2005 at 12:11 AM.

I was totally confused by the title and had to read the story, I think a better title would have been "Canary poops cannabis seeds...".
    --

"I couldn't believe it, when they told me I was being arrested," Griva said. "The plant must have grown from the bird seed. I had no idea what the plant was. I watered it regularly. I thought it looked quite nice."

poor old lady. What if she was telling the truth

PS: Article link
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Cannabis seeds sold as canary food do not grow the plant. They're sterile.

Originally posted by RADiSTAR
    Cannabis seeds sold as canary food do not grow the plant. They're sterile.
    but... she lives across the street from the police station... she'd have to be utterly stupid to do it intentionally?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs