hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Who does the billing?

Forum Jump

Who does the billing?

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2002, 09:45 AM

Who does the billing?

Another question about resellers - who does the billing?

The easiest thing for me is to let the reseller do his own billing. The reseller pays me before he gets access to the site, and he bills his own customer.

The problem arises when the reseller fails to pay, while collecting from his customer. If I turn his site off, his customer is punished for his own sins.

On the other hand, if I am doing the billing, I have to first get the money, then send the reseller his share, and I also get between the reseller and his customer.

Any suggestions?

Ziggy.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2002, 09:57 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

the reseller has to pay for his clients. i don't wanna bill me reseller's clients every month (if i was a reseller)

Old 04-09-2002, 10:46 AM
WHT Addict

Re: Who does the billing?

Quote:
Originally posted by tryavds
Another question about resellers - who does the billing?
IMHO - A good Resellers plan should make the Server Owner (Hardware) invisible to the end Customer. The Reseller should be the only company that the end customer knows of, they really shouldn't know that they are dealing with a Reseller.

just my 2 cents

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

It is the responsibility of the reseller to collect on bills. They are his/her customers
and not yours. The manufacture of our household goods do not come to our door
either to collect on bills owned to the store where we bought the items, do they?
And about his/her share, a reseller doesn't work on percent , but pays a fixed price
every month. What they earn is their business and theirs alone. They get the clients ,
they support them, they do the work. If not it wouldn't be interesting to become a
reseller. Then you might as well just be a affiliate
Just my 2 cent as well.
rinnando

I saw now that you offer something a bit different but I still think it is a bit high priced for reselling or am I wrong?

(( VDS Plus is ideal for starting a hosting business. With 8 VDSs, ample storage, plentiful bandwidth, and unlimited email and ftp accounts, you can host up 8 domains, each with its own unique web, email and ftp services.

VDS Plus includes:

8 VDS's - 1 IP based (1 IP address) and 7 name based VDS's,
Unlimited email and ftp accounts,
10000 MB Traffic allowance, (additional traffic available),
400 MB Storage, and much, much more!

VDS Plus cost is $79.95/month ))
is this correct? 8 domains . Is this expensive , or are all virtual dedicated servers this high?
I would like to know .
rinnando

Last edited by rinnando; 04-09-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:21 PM

A VDS is more than simply a shared domain. Each VDS is independent of the other ones - you crash one VDS, the others keep on going. Each VDS has its own users, ftp, email, web mail, site stats, other applications, GUIs etc. The only difference between an IP based and name based VDS is that some plugins (OpenSSH, ColdFusion, maybe one more) that require an IP only work on the IP based VDS.

In theory, each VDS can have multiple domains, but this is not supported by the GUI/API and will require manual tweaking of files, and can lead to problems AND violate the EULA.

So you get 8 domains, about 40-50 applications each (plugins), unlimited email and ftp, and a total of 10 GB (my cost on the trafffic is $30 - my provider has expensive bandwidth, though high quality). I do not think this is overpriced.

At any rate, this is not a product for cost cutting. Both hardware and software are high quality, and all these applications for each end user require support overhead.

If you have the time, check it out. Somewhere on the site there is an open demo that shows the gui's. I think the URL is www.tryavds.com/demo.html Try it and tell me if you think it is overpriced.

Ziggy.

Old 04-10-2002, 01:28 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

took a look and it looks cool, but it is over my buget. I wish you luck with your enterprise.
rinnando

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google Cloud Platform Introduces Billing Export Feature Web Hosting News 2013-12-27 14:24:30
WHMCS Releases Version 5.2 of Web Hosting Billing Solution Web Hosting News 2013-04-14 22:35:37
AWS Offers Customers Granular Cloud Billing Option Web Hosting News 2012-12-14 13:09:45
Jelastic's Version 1.8.5 Features Parallels Billing Automation Standard Integration Web Hosting News 2012-10-23 14:49:22
Web Host Asia Web Services Launches Cloud Platform with Hourly Billing Web Hosting News 2012-07-13 14:59:33