accounting and billing system

I have a small hosting business that is starting to grow now, I don't want to be in a position in a years time forgetting who has paid and when they should pay. I am after something that will automate the whole procedure so when I get a website and they host with me that they put their creditcard details in and it is debited on whatever plan they choose, monthly, quarterly or yearly. Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks

hcubed

http://www.modernbill.com - I use it and recommend it.

Other Options:
    http://www.whmautopilot.com
    http://www.whoiscart.net
    http://www.clientexec.com

There are quite a few threads in this forum with information about all these programs.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Also, AWBS:

http://www.awbs.com

We use it for our billing system.

I second the vote on Modernbill.
    It takes a little work to get up and running correctly, but it is a fully integrated billing and account management system, so there's a lot to think about.
    There's a decent manual for it, but expect to spend a good couple of days getting it running the way you want it.

Then don't expect to know your way around using it for a couple of weeks, as it's interface can be a little tricky to get used to.
    But that's part of having so many options.

Once it's set up, it can take care of everything from creating the accounts on your server, automatically invoicing customers, suspending non paying accounts, registering domains, and shining your shoes.

It can also can integrate with eSupport ticketing software which is useful.

Jason.
    JNL Host: Reliable Hosting at Reasonable Prices
    24/7 Support and Server Monitoring (Yes really) • Daily Backups
    No Overselling • Site Studio Website Builder • Cpanel • Frontpage
    Fantastico • CGI/PHP/Python/SSI • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • Flash Tutorials

We have used ClientExec, WhmAutopilot and just switched to Lpanel www.lpanel.net

The Lpanel install took less than 10 minutes. We were configured and running the same day.

There are several options for billing software, you will want to review the features and find one that works for your business model.

If you have any programming skills then program a simple billing system for yourself. Thats what I did and it works great.

However, I dont know how to integrate it with Plesk yet

Any translation for modernbill ?

Originally posted by linuxhostinguk
    If you have any programming skills then program a simple billing system for yourself. Thats what I did and it works great.

However, I dont know how to integrate it with Plesk yet
    Then I guess that's not so great hehe

AWBS looks good. But all of them very complex.

There's always that learning curve in setting something like this up. Just sit down and open up the respective manuals and just work at it. It ends up being quite simple and can save you a ton of work/time in the long run.

11. Originally posted by GideonX
    Then I guess that's not so great hehe
    But cheaper in the long run.
    If I want to make changes or add sections ect, I can do it myself and wont have to pay anybody.

Originally posted by linuxhostinguk
    But cheaper in the long run.
    If I want to make changes or add sections ect, I can do it myself and wont have to pay anybody.
    I suppose, but if you can't integrate with your system, then it'll actually cost more money.

Time = money

unless of course you got all the time in the world

I am in accounting and I'm looking to start my own business. I have 20 years of accounting experience. If you would like to see my resume I can email it to you. I would like to help you with your billing for your company.

Pat Draper

I suggest modernbill I have been using it for over a year and it is has worked great for me. You can get a Demo license from their website if you want to try it out first.

I use WHMAutopilot and love it. Very easy to install and use.

I use ModernBill and love it. Alot of features, lets you do just about everything. They also offer a bunch of other things that can go along with it such as fraudgaurdian.
    ShellCentral.net
    Web Hosting, ShoutCast Servers, Dedicated Servers, Reseller Accounts, Domain Registration and more.

WHMAutopilot has been working well for us. Easy to integrate into your site design, several user contributed add-ons found in the forums.