Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : HostingCon : Hotel Discount

Forum Jump

Hotel Discount

Reply Post New Thread In HostingCon Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Community Guide

Hotel Discount

Due to the fact that if I do attend and exhibit at HostingCon 06, I'll be flying in from the UK, the earlier I can get the flight and hotel booked, the better.

At the moment, the costs for staying in the hotel haven't been displayed on the Website, there is just a notice saying there will be a discount.

Looking at the Website for The Mirage, basic rates range from $200 per night right up to $350 per night.

I didn't attend 2005's HostingCon. Was a discount offered this year for hotel rooms? If so, how much was this discount? I'm just trying to get a ruff cost as early as possible,

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

We haven't posted it yet, but the discounted room rate for HostingCon 2006 at the Mirage will be $139 a night. We're still working out the details on how the phone and internet reservations will work, but I think there's some type of group discount code we'll give to everyone and that can be used when phoning or reserving online.

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Old 08-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Community Guide

$139, that sounds quite reasonable to me. Thanks George letting us know.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
$139, that sounds quite reasonable to me. Thanks George letting us know.
The $139 per night pricing is quite nice but, will we also have to pay for our car to stay with us?

Old 08-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

No, there is a free parking garage on site.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by sirtwist
No, there is a free parking garage on site.
That is excellent.

Hmm.. While we're discussing the hotel will the rooms contain air conditioners this time or the water cooler kind that the Hyatt had?

Quite a few people I talked to complained that the rooms were far too warm.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I'm not sure what you mean by the "water cooler" kind. I think there were different cooling systems in different areas of the Hyatt.

Honestly, I can't remember how the controls were in our room when I was there a few weeks ago. I think it was a thermostat.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by the "water cooler" kind. I think there were different cooling systems in different areas of the Hyatt.

Honestly, I can't remember how the controls were in our room when I was there a few weeks ago. I think it was a thermostat.
Apparently instead of the type of system used in cars with a compressor and freeon the Hyatt used cold water through pipes with fans blowing off of it. It works fairly well but, the temprature of the room wouldn't drop below a certain point.

It is definitely possible that different systems were used in different parts of the building. I really couldn't say.

On my way up to the HostingCon I stopped at a Holiday Inn Express with the individual air conditioning units in the rooms. The room was ice cold after a few hours while the Hyatt wouldn't drop much below 80 (I believe it was 77) even after a few days.

Other than that.. the hotel was great. I'm just hoping the Mirage is more like a Holiday Inn Express.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Check out http://www.mirage.com/ ... it's an excellent hotel, rated 4.5 stars I believe. It's the lap of luxury compared to the Hyatt.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Check out http://www.mirage.com/ ... it's an excellent hotel, rated 4.5 stars I believe. It's the lap of luxury compared to the Hyatt.
Excellent!

Old 08-28-2005, 06:02 PM
WebHostingTalk Lover

Sounds great. /me excited
Will definitely try to make time for this next year.

We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Old 08-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Junior Guru

Quote:

The AC type is Central, not the window unit type, our room had its own seperate control.. being that it is Vegas and temp is a serious issue out there, they do go to great lengths to make sure everything is properly cooled.. even when standing outside you will find rows of misting spray that cools things down to a surprising degree.. Mouse

Old 09-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Just a quick aside, Ti or Treasure Island is connected to The Mirage via monorail, and Caesar also borders the property for those of you looking for another place to stay. McCarran Airport is less than 2 miles from the Mirage and there is no real reason to have a car if you are flying in, in fact I would avoid driving on the strip at all costs. I frequent Las Vegas about once a month =}. Perhaps I will stop in if it coincides with my travel plans.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWalrus
Just a quick aside, Ti or Treasure Island is connected to The Mirage via monorail, and Caesar also borders the property for those of you looking for another place to stay. McCarran Airport is less than 2 miles from the Mirage and there is no real reason to have a car if you are flying in, in fact I would avoid driving on the strip at all costs. I frequent Las Vegas about once a month =}. Perhaps I will stop in if it coincides with my travel plans.
Actually the Monorail is across the street connected to Caesers, TI is directly next to the Mirage and the use the same entrance off the strip and can be walked to in like 2 minutes.. I agree about no need for a car, taxi's are cheap and extremely frequent, they line up waiting for passangers at any and all worthwhile locations.. Mouse

Old 09-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Actually, Mouse, there is a tram... you're right that it's not the monorail, but there is a little tram that connects TI and the Mirage.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 7, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 17:52:16
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - November 8, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-11-11 11:36:22
CloudBeat 2013 Web Hosting Events 2013-08-09 15:43:00
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 14, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-06-14 12:49:01
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - June 15, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-06-15 17:21:42