what does that pr4, pr2, pr1 mean?

Alot of people are posting i got a pr4 site and stuff like that.

IS that related to how much visetors they have??

And so what are the amount of visotors then for those site's. This al is confusing me

Who can help me out?

Many people use http://toolbar.google.com/ on their computer to gauge a website's ranking. Many put way too much emphasis on it and try to boost their ratings. I wouldn't put too much praise in a site with a high PR nor would I diss a site with a low ranking

Thanks, I will try that out.

It is always good to find stuff like that out.

Jan is correct. PR is, IMO, over-rated. Don't obsess over it. Try to get as many incoming links as possible to increase your traffic. It will end up giving you a better PR. But in the end, it means nothing. The key is how many of your visitors are you converting to sales?

Good PR is great, but it doesn't pay the mortgage...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Just to add to what Jan and Vito have said, PR, actually stands for PageRank. It is one of the many methods Google uses to rank a Website. The more incoming links to your Website, and the higher PR the incoming links have, then the higher your PR will be for your Website.

My personal experience of it, is that it worked wonders for myself. My target key phrase for my Website produces 899,000 results. I was no where to be seen on Google when this phrase was searched for, certainly not in the top 10 pages. Then my page rank went from 4 to 5, and I was suddenly on the first page, hovering between 3rd and 9th position.

Some people do take it very seriously, and so it can get over-rated, for me though, it did the job I hoped it would.

PR is one of the mysteries of the internet.

I know a site that gets thousands of unique visitors a month.

It has a PR of 0.

So, apparently, PR has nothing to do with traffic.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
    Some people do take it very seriously, and so it can get over-rated, for me though, it did the job I hoped it would.
    Good to hear it worked out well for you, Jamie. But to illustrate my point, let me copy/paste a reply I just recently made in another "PR" thread:
    As many of you do, I have a network of sites. Most are highly ranked. And when I add a new site to my collection, I simply add a link to the new site from all of my highly ranked sites. As an example, I added a site that was not even fully developed. In fact, the home page was just one large jpg. No sub pages. Just the one single home page. And I linked to it from all my other sites. Well, within 3 weeks, that new site had a PR 6 !!!
    As you can see, PR can be a bit of a joke. That new site of mine didn't even have any indexable text on it. It was just one large jpg. Yet it got a PR6.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials