Thread: Pagerank

Pagerank

Could anybody give me tips how to get my site ranked higher???

There are many tips, but what I would recommend is buying an SEO book and reading learning about it in depth. Not one little thing can make your site boost up (we actually inbound relevant links are the #1
    way to get great pagerank) but in all reality, you need a site with good content that is relevant to your site with many sites that link inward to you voluntarily (yahoo! and google frown at link farms and whatnot). So if you are serious, you can PM me and I'll let you know of a good book I've read that only cost around $80 (but may be well worth it if you stand to receive lots more income for that small price).

well problem with books is, i live in holland,europe so american boks can be ahrd to get . But in holland we got portal sites with pages from everysubject with relevant links are there any sites from other countries like that??

you can see at www.seochat.com

Yep PageRank only goes so far - might also look up www.searchenginewatch.com. There's miles of reading you can do to get ranked with a good honest approach to search engines.
    Corey Northcutt | Electric Goat Media
    Currently building this nifty small business ROI calculator.

The book I was talking about is actually an online book you can download. It's written by Aaron Wall. Do a search and you should be able to find the site.

There are far too many tips to list on a forum. Look into an SEO eBook or website

you can always get other pr sites to link to your site, thats what i have always been told and its working and get lots of good content on your site.

well my site is about counterstrike source so if i would let clans link to my page would it rise my pagerank??

As others have said, there is more to this topic than can be properly explained in one thread.

However, from my personal experience, I can tell you that it's not that difficult to get a good PR. As many of you do, I have a network of sites. Most are highly ranked. And when I add a new site to my collection, I simply add a link to the new site from all of my highly ranked sites. As an example, I added a site that was not even fully developed. In fact, the home page was just one large jpg. No sub pages. Just the one single home page. And I linked to it from all my other sites. Well, within 3 weeks, that new site had a PR 6 !!!

That said, I feel that Google PR is over-rated.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

well i only got 1 site (

Then you have a challenge. You will need to figure out how to convince some relevant sites to link to you. (Not easy...)

Good luck.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

cant you put my link on your sites hehehe

Originally posted by 3j3ct
    cant you put my link on your sites hehehe
    Heh, actually, I've often thought that I should sell spots on my sites since the effect is so positive. But then that would turn me into a link farm, wouldn't it?

Vito

i use a link engine, prospective linkers see your site, go to asscoiated sites, add their details and a link is formed. Also i have a news engineer which allows me to add pages in one click. The news is relevant to my business and Google see that your site is always being updated. The main key is content, content, content.

If you want the link engineer and good seo on your site pm me and i'll pass on your details to my seo company.

i had PR of one, it's now 3 in under 2 weeks, once it's been indexed again it should creep up to 4.

SEO is long and hard, and like Vito said i sometimes question the PR policy.