hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : anyone else think there still some money left in panel and billing software

Forum Jump

anyone else think there still some money left in panel and billing software

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2005, 05:59 AM
Web Hosting Master

anyone else think there still some money left in panel and billing software

are you happy with all the panel (pay) and billing software out there? do you think there is still room for yet another control panel or billing software for linux and windows?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Support? Think About us !

Why not .. I dont think there is any perfect billing control panel or hosting control panel out there in market yet .. the one that is 100% perfect and bug free.

There is still a room for such contorl panels and the best will survive.
If any company is planning to launch a new control panel, they can try bringing in the most stable and with good features control panel and I am sure.. once they launch it properly, if it has that instinct .. it will capture the market.

AIM : ThinkingSupport / MSN : sales@thinksupport.net

Old 08-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Web Hosting Master

The windows market is still wide open. The leaders in that area have some serious flaws still.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Yeah I agree, windows is really a wide open market. If you develop something keep it simple clean and feature rich and you will build up a customer base. Also if you start it up don't expect to much at the start, it will take a few larger hosting companies to start using it for everyone else to give it a serious thought.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
WHT Addict

Speaking of web hosting billing software, I think there is still a large unfilled market niche for something that would fit in between UberSmith (too expensive for the features offered) and ModernBill (too cheap to be able to offer decent product support and fast development).

Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Harmolodic
Speaking of web hosting billing software, I think there is still a large unfilled market niche for something that would fit in between UberSmith (too expensive for the features offered) and ModernBill (too cheap to be able to offer decent product support and fast development).
both software are pretty expensive for me. LOL i'm a cheapo. i won't mind paying for a billing software based on asp or asp.net since i do windows...

i perfer Microsoft technology for Microsoft hosting rather php opensource for microsoft.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

There are now at least 4 open source control panel that needs to have a look at. I'm sure soon, nobody will want to pay for a control panel for Unix, and it would be VERY hard for you to get known.

For windows, it's another story.

Thomas

Old 08-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by gplhost
There are now at least 4 open source control panel that needs to have a look at. I'm sure soon, nobody will want to pay for a control panel for Unix, and it would be VERY hard for you to get known.

For windows, it's another story.

Thomas
not all free panel work well tho... pay version still work the best.

Old 08-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Disabled

Sure there's the opportunity.

I'm looking for one for 2 weeks and still can't find the best I like.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by Techark
The windows market is still wide open. The leaders in that area have some serious flaws still.
As do the Linux panels. It'll be interesting to see how cPanel's Windows version will compete.

Old 08-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I don't know which is current status for Linux/Unix but Windows market is very open. There are a few good panels but nothing which is complete enough. As someone said here, main player are very good but have some (sometimes unexplicable) flaws or missing features.

I think there's a room for at least one or two good panels more in Windows segment of this market. However, given the complexity arising from lots of software which a CP need to support, rewriting from scratch is not a simple task, plus a couple of players are committed to have new versions for their products available on 2006. That might solve part of present problems.

However, if anyone is willing to enter this market segment (Windows), maybe we could have a chat and share some thoughts. Given that next versions will come on 2006, there's enough room for a new project, if well supported and well planned.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:14 AM

its going to be tough to dethrone cpanel

Old 08-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Junior Guru

yeah but with hard work and a good marketing campain it could be done.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Cool Interested?

So, anyone interested in developing something in .NET 2.0?

Old 08-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

I'm interested in doing a windows port of my GPL control panel... anyone to help me destroy that commercial control panel market?

Thomas

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
iScripts Listing 2014-04-18 06:34:19
WHMCS Releases Version 5.2 of Web Hosting Billing Solution Web Hosting News 2013-04-14 22:35:37
AWS Offers Customers Granular Cloud Billing Option Web Hosting News 2012-12-14 13:09:45
Video: Hosting Control Panel cPanel, and Billing Software WHMCS Discuss Investment, Partnership, Integration Whir Tv 2013-10-05 05:57:43
GlobalSign OneClickSSL Plug-in Available with DirectAdmin Web Hosting Control Panel Web Hosting News 2012-08-02 14:21:17