hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : L40 double billing

Forum Jump

L40 double billing

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2005, 04:11 PM

L40 double billing

Last May (2005) L40.net was taken over by Global Visions.

During the changover, a second subscription was opened to my paypal account.

I learned the hard way. I closed my subscription to them in July (all my Mambo folders were corrupted with virus filled files on THEIR server...another story).

I was billed again yesterday.

I don't know how the 2nd subscription was opened.

Anyone else experience this?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2005, 04:14 PM
WHT Addict

May I suggest you to contact them and ask about the second subscription? And I assume you already have a receipt of your previous billings with them. I think you should contact their support and ask them for an explanation.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Web Hosting Master

Talking

Hi,

I would also recommend you contact the provider and query them on the second subscription, this is most likely a mistake caused at their end and notifying them could have the issue sorted out without many issues.

Alternatively if they fail to comply and continue to bill you, you can contact your credit card company and refuse the payment.

Keep us posted on how things turn out and what the issue was.

Reseller Hosting Solutions Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2005, 06:48 PM

Their response to my qeury...

"Hello, Below is the tech reply to your support request Ticket #4179 --------------- Troy,

We have no power over your paypal account. Subscriptions have to be created/deleted by the authorized paypal user. You may have created your subscription twice when setting up.

Jeff --------------- Please do not reply directly to this email but login to your client area and update your request from your ticket management area in that location. If you feel this reply resolved your situation, please be sure to close your ticket from your client area. Thank You. Support Team Generated on 08/22/2005 05:35:16 pm"

----They don't feel my pain....I don't think I created a second paypal subscription. If I did so it was unwittingly in response to email regarding updating my account information due to l40.net becomming part of Global Visions in May.

I did so in response to this email they had sent me:

"Dear Valued Web Hosting Customer,

As of May 1st 2005, L40.net has been sold to Global Visions, Inc. Your website(s) has already been transferred to upgraded servers in the Global Visions datacenter. Please take this time to update your account information and pay off any past due balances. If you have an outstanding balance we will be contacting you by phone to survey your web hosting experience with us.

If you would like to simplify your payment procedures you can feel safe paying by credit card over our SSL secured processing system.

If you need to contact us you can reach us at:
Global Visions Web Hosting
813-293-6991
3003 W Marlin Ave
Tampa, FL 33611

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Jeffrey Blum"

I should have paid closer attention to my paypal receipts.

Did anyone else fall into this?

Old 08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Web Hosting Master

I see you discovered the issue. Good luck.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Expedient Data Centers to Open Second Data Center in Baltimore Web Hosting News 2013-05-27 13:18:06
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – March 1, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-03-01 16:47:30
AWS Offers Customers Granular Cloud Billing Option Web Hosting News 2012-12-14 13:09:45
Weekend Reading: Top Web Hosting News from July 23 – 27, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-28 19:52:30
Web Host Asia Web Services Launches Cloud Platform with Hourly Billing Web Hosting News 2012-07-13 14:59:33