Best software to edit HTML and make pages like Fronpage?

So what is the best software to edit pages and HTML like frontpage?

Well, to graphically edit pages, my vote goes to nVu, which happens to be free as well. If you're talking about editing HTML, notepad++ and Crimson Editor get my vote.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I use Frontpage for the most part. I have actually been using one form or another since 1995. It will do the trick and FP 2003 is a lot better than the previous versions. It has a few quirks - just like most WYSIWYG editor.

If you do not know HTML, you should learn at least the basics. It will help you out so much in the long run because most WYSIWYG editors are limited in some form or another

I just keep by notepad if I want to make a easy and simple layout fast.

I prever dreamweaver for the more bigger site's. You will be able to see what you are doing, and that works great for me.

Dreamweaver is very powerful... and if you are used to FP the learning curve will come that much easier...

but still for some reason Notepad will never be beat...
    Heeren Gandhi
    HostElement Web Hosting
    http://www.hostelement.com
    The Essential Web Hosting Solution!

Notepad is a simple text editor and useful tools; however Dreamweaver is excellent, they have a great setup with industry standards that applies to everyone’s needs.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 08-22-2005 at 12:26 PM.

I prefer text editors for designing, but if that's not your cup of tea, then Dreamweaver is good from what I've heard.

VI is the best editor I've ever used.

dreamweaver and sometimes i use editplus but mostly dreamweaver i use dreamweaver more and more these days as it has that many features cant wait for new version to come out soon

i heard dreamweaver is very good.

however, i really prefer and tell all the people i know to use only and only the notepad.
    html isn't hard at all to learn, it sure does take its time, but if you ever have a problem with the software, you'll cry your eyes out because you don't know what is wrong in the generated code (that's what happened to my friend)

so that's my piece of advice: learn the html and use notepad.

11. Notepad is the best program to use, frontpage and dreamweaver put too much crap in

Dreamweaver for the layout problems, crimson editor for the coding.

Originally posted by onlinewebmarket
    Notepad is the best program to use, frontpage and dreamweaver put too much crap in
    I use dreamweaver all the time....its never put anything into the website it was supposed to or needed to. If your talking about the above charset rules and ISO, then thats meaningless really....are you using dreamweaver MX 2004?

sorry, I meant WASNT supposed to or needed too.

For a WYSIWYG Editor --- Dreamweaver
    Something witty here...