Question Look-alike web designs?

Hi,

A couple of years ago, I saw a site that showed examples of web designs (visual) that were almost identical. It was no obvious copying, just the result sheer fluke and the relatively limted ways you actually can design a page/site that had played in. (Some were major companies that wouldn't risk a law suit anyway).

So, no fraudulent stuff.

I have now been searching the web for two days, trying to find that site, but no luck so far.

Does anyone know which site I mean?

TIA
    D
    Best,
    Dani
    Proformica.com - Marketing, web and more...
    TiddliBoom.com - The awesomest t-shirts on the net...

pirated-sites.com ?

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion. Yes, I know that one. That's for blatant, intentional theft, not sites that accidentally look the same.

I've been going through a couple of hundred web hosting sites, and many of them are pretty much the same: blue theme, a couple of cimputers, a good looking woman, and the various hosting offers in boxes.

I also found e.g. http://www.computer-support.ch/xupport/ and http://www.macosxcocktail.com/ that are quite similar and also competitors...

I think the mission is completed, but if someone spots a couple of examples, it would still be nice to know.

D
    Best,
    Dani

HI Dan I come across most the times such things but never made a list Have you seen this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=434612 ? As you can see they even got with Yahoo

kooshin,

Thanks! Perfect!
    Best,
    Dani

Sometimes the content may be altered to make it appear as original, if you have anything unique in your content or for example if a typographic error, that appears in the stolen version, it should be considered as proof when you're approaching to an intellectual property attorney, for appropriate advice.
    Last edited by etechsupport2; 08-20-2005 at 07:20 AM.

Originally posted by etechsupport2
    Sometimes the content may be altered to make it appear as original, if you have anything unique in your content or for example if a typographic error, that appears in the stolen version, it should be considered as proof when you're approaching to an intellectual property attorney, for appropriate advice.
    Are you sure you posted in the right thread? This one is not about ripping, or asking for advice handling a rip, it's asking for links to websites which compare URLs for similarities.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

lol, pirated sites is funny. I didnt even know they had sites like that.