Looking for 1u Chassis with Front I/O

Hello there,
    For our next batch of servers we are looking for a chassis that has front I/O ports. We mainly want it to keep all the power on the back and all the network cables, etc. on the front to keep things a bit cleaner.

So far, the only one I found is the SuperMicro SC513 seris and the Rack Logic systems. The Rack Logic ones are a bit pricey and the SuperMicro ones only hold one hard drive. We need to be able to hold at least two hard drives and the cheaper the better, though it should have a decent PSU, any suggestions?

Note: The depth of the system doesn't matter, we don't need these half-depth ones.
    Last edited by KarlZimmer; 08-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

here ya go. front PS though....

http://www.akiwa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=231

should be around $100 with no PS

Originally posted by wavestream
    here ya go. front PS though....

http://www.akiwa.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=231

should be around $100 with no PS
    Yeah, don't want front PS...
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

I've only seen custom solutions in production... one design was quite interesting... even had an IDE socket and molex on the front lined up so you could plug a hard drive right into the front for ghosting, ect, reverse motherboard, and power on the back. I'll ask around and see if I can find some leads.
    bye

The only thing I see is the sc513 that has 2x2.5 drive bays. the other sc513 is a 260 with a 1x3.5 bay.

Supermicro 1U CSE-513L-420/B Server Chassis

can the SC513 support itself when rackmounted? or are rails nessessary
    Kevin

Originally posted by amps
    I've only seen custom solutions in production... one design was quite interesting... even had an IDE socket and molex on the front lined up so you could plug a hard drive right into the front for ghosting, ect, reverse motherboard, and power on the back. I'll ask around and see if I can find some leads.
    We had a customer awhile back with several dozen aluminum chassis much like that (decent quality no less). Passive cooling was perfectly setup for the motherboards they had used, and airflow was excellent (if you ignored the fact they drew off the left hand side, which is completely inappropriate IMHO, as airflow designs are front>back, or front > side at the very least). Only major flaw I found in these systems was the simple fact that with the ide/molex connector on the front, you couldn't really use it on the rack (isn't that the point? to save time?) as there was nothing to hold the hdd/cd-rom up to the unit.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com