Thread: Site5 VS Cirtex

Question Site5 VS Cirtex

I'm looking for a hosting for my forum and personal website. I've tried to search WHT but dun see any post comparing these 2 hosting companies. Can someone share your thought plz??

My guess would be that not many people have used BOTH companies.

If you tell us what your budget is, what type of site you're hosting, and what factors (support, uptime, etc) are most important to you, we can help with your decision.

thanks DanX.. I've already mentioned wot the hosting is for in my 1st post - forum and personal site

Budget isn't an important issue, as long as it is reasonable. I want friendly and efficient support as I'm new to all this, this will certainly save my time trying to figure out the mistake I make. I'm thinking about site5 because of their NetAdmin software.... It seems to be easier to use than cPanel.

I expect the forum will generate around 200-300 members within a month. As me and my friends were belonging to a forum, we've some arguments with the owner and decide to start our own. Most of the members will join our new forum once it's up and ready.

Sorry about that, second time I've misread half a post today.

How many members will you have online at once? If you have over a hundred at a time, shared hosting might not work out for you. If its only 20 or 30, either host should do.

Well, you may have a hard time finding a side-by-side comparison. All I know is Site5 have been very good to deal with in my humble experience; while I have no info on the other one.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Search for reviews on both and see who has a better rating

Site5 currently host my forum, 50,000+ posts, nearly 2,000 members and 30-50 people online at once....

They have issues with mysql server now and then, but all in all they're a decent host, support is fab.

We have an account with Citriex for almost a year now, so far when we've needed support, they have answered very quickly.
    ComputerProblems.org free computer support and technology discussion.

I can't speak for Cirtex since I haven't used htem, but I have used Site5 in the past and they were amazing. The support is fantastic and the servers are very fast. I've now moved on to a dedicated server, but if I had to go back and just buy a hosting plan somewhere, I wouldn't even shop around--I'd go straight to Site5. Just my $0.02.

Originally posted by mizz nicole
    well i dont know much about Cirtex but i have heard some bad comments about Site5 when it comes to them responding to your questions and also their phone support.
    So basically, you don't have any first hand experience with either. Why bother posting? Such a waste.

I just started using Site5 and I'm very impressed with their support thus far. I've used WestHost, ReadySetConnect, and Hostony. Site5 beats them all hands down.