Angry I hate 1&1.com - Need help finding a kick-*** Registrar

Hello Everyone;

My company is thinking of switching/transfering our domain from 1&1.com to another Registrar.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't believe how much trouble we've had with 1&1...incompetant support, slow propagation, etc.

Any suggestions will be truly appreciated!

Thanks,

J.

My Fav's are

1) eNom (my reseller acct)
    2) RegisterFly (my retail acct - many doms)
    3) NameCheap (my retail acct - few doms)

Another popular one is WildWestDomains, but I have never tried them.

ps. NameCheap will soon be ICANN accredited.

If you only have a few domains, I would suggest NameCheap as well. Or perhaps, DomainSite.com ... they were very polite and helpful with NO hold time when I called them last Monday.

I like NameCheap's interface better, but DomainSite's isn't too bad. Anything would be a HUGE impovement over 1and1's sloooow interface. And support... you mean 1and1 has support?
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

go namecheap cause its a WHT fav
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

RegisterFly or enom are good choices and both icann accredited
    Domain Maven

DomainSite is ICANN accredited too.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Originally posted by gilbert
    go namecheap cause its a WHT fav
    They're not icann accredited yet, but i remember seeing their owner saying:

Regarding ICANN accredidation; It is pretty much a done deal. We simply need to tie a few loose strings here and there but that's about it.
    on this thread

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate the feedback, keep it coming!

Now what in the world is ICANN accredidation?

So NameCheap and eNom? Who's better and why?

Thanks,

J.

Hello All;

Ok, so far NameCheap seems pretty good according to the feedback that I've seen on WHT.

Now I'm not sure how important ICANN accredidation is...but our current registrar is ICANN accredited and unfortunately didn't do us any good.

Any more feedback?

Thanks again everyone!

J.

What do want us to say? I did a search on your posts, and you seem to only want to extract information from WHT... not give us any feedback here. This forum is a two way street. What information did YOU find out about the various registrars?

Why should WE do ALL your work for you?

The bottom line is that only YOU know what you are really looking for in a registrar. We've tried to give our candid opinions, but if that doesn't make sense to you, then here is the list of ICANN accredited registrars: You are encouraged to check out EACH and EVERY registrar here at ICANN.org : http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Hello!

Interesting feedback from '4solutions'!

Hey, didn't mean to hit a nerve, it's ok...you don't have to give any feedback if you don't want to.

I wonder if it's common to get blasted for asking questions and asking for feedback on WHT.

If you do you a search you'll realize that I'm brand new to this site.

You'll also realize that IF there is feedback to give...meaning personal experience, not regurgitating info from other threads....then I'll give it.

Such as in the case of my search for a kick-*** VPS Host (PowerVPS). I don't know about you...I rather give/get true feedback than mere hearsay.

If you want full feedback rather than questions, then contact the admins and tell them not to allow n00be's such as myself on the site.

If not, then take your rantings elsewhere or change your handle to 'No-Solutions'.

J.

Domainsite is best. I am using them for such a long time. There system is so complete that i never contact to customer service. Fastest DNS propagation. Lowest Rates.