Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was at the end of the day, a ham fisted move by their CEO. it was a great opportunity for google to explain and position their data collection and management largess and put the issue to rest- Google is notoriously egotistical and hypocritical- they'll sell you "coca cola" but just try to buy "google" as a keyword- They and Yahoo are locked in a clash of titans style death match to be #1- yahoo has the entertainment and publishing edge- google comes to table from a more academic and algorithmic (albeit myopic) search share perspective; they’re academics trying to understand consumerism. Any public disclosure and scrutiny vis a vis privacy, and the ensuing legalities potentially jeopardize the stock, the market cap and the ability to reach the #1 slot. Personally I'd like to see yahoo win- slowly and in the background tier 2 search engines are wheeling, dealing and eroding at google's search share- not yahoo.... we'll see.

Some people just think their favorite company can do no wrong.....

<------- You bet you can say I'm biased

Originally posted by RossH
    Some people just think their favorite company can do no wrong.....
    But I like Cnet as well. Download.com, cnet were around before google.

Just b/c I think Google is right, doesn't mean I don't think it can't do wrong. I've critized Google about other things.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

Originally posted by Artashes
    Privacy is irrelevant to you guys?
    So it is OK for me to list personal information, salary, banking information, other sensitive information about you and your family members?
    Privacy is irrelevant to Google. The CNET reporter used Google against itself, by googling information about Google's CEO, in proving just how much information Google indexes, and how that information can be commercially sensitive.

Instead of Google using this situation to explain how sensitive information of their CEO was indexed by Google, they had a hissy fit, and blacklisted that reporter who dares speak the truth, and shine some light into an area that Google wants kept dark.
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

I see it as....

Google CEO: "Mommy he called me a name"

Google: "Awe poor baby, are you ok?"

Google CEO: "No mommy it hurt my feelings.."

Google: "Its ok honey, its only words".

Google CEO: "I don't care, i'm not inviting them to my party, BOO HOO!!!!"

Childish.... absolutely childish.. and comming from Google.. yes I completely believe it.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

I started seeing these rumblings from Google over a year ago. I even did a post on that line a while ago on WHT, to which my claims landed me "in trouble" with other posters, via pm and public.

It's a shame, but anyone who couldn't see google turning in to an arrogant company with a 'god complex' had blinkers on. It's been obvious since 2003.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.

Huge company, huge balls. No surprise there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12