Advice on multiple-site client - separate shared account or reseller?

Hi. I'm a web designer and I host a few of my clients' sites. I have one client who has 4 sites. I'm wondering if it'd be wise to separate them out into a shared hosting plan (that can host multiple sites w/domain pointers) with lots of space and bandwith, since my small reseller account is dominated by them at the moment. Is there any reason not to set them up with a shared account? I can get much more space and bandwidth for the money and I can free up my reseller account. My other thought is to go with a more complete reseller account that offers end-user support. I'd make less profit on hosting but I wouldn't have to worry about support. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

It really depends on your business plan.

What are the client requirements? If they come close to or do exceed your current reseller account, can your business sustain the increased cost of a larger plan? What if they cancel a month after you upgrade? Can your business still run in the black with out the particular clients income? Do you get enough support requests to make purchasing 3rd party end user support a financially viable option?

If you are unsure, you may want to look at keeping your current hosting account for you business web needs and use an affiliate program where you can earn a commission on clients your refer to them. You would then still be off the hook for support.

Just one of many things to consider. Good luck and let us know if you need further assistance.

if your the webdesigners and the sites are low traffic why not run your own reseller and keep some change for yourself
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.