transfer domain from directnic to godaddy!

hi all,

i just want to ask is transfering domain from directnic.com to godadday is secure?

i've heared that it is possible that when domain is in unlock state, it can be stolen.

kindly provide descriptive reply.

tia,

// chall3ng3r //

Domain name transfers are secure. There has been a big to-do about stealing domain names because of the recent changes to the transfer process, but what most people do not understand is that you will still need to manually approve the transfer. As long as you only approve the transfer notice sent by GoDaddy, you will have no problems and the chance of someone coming in and stealing your domain is nill.

-D4n

thanks for the reply and clarification.
    one more question.

my domain is expiring in less than 30 days, can i do transfer to godaddy.com? or i've to refresh the domain on my current registrar (directnic.com) before transfering?

// chall3ng3r //

If it is expiring within 30 days you should be able to transfer the name without any real problems
    Domain Maven

chall3ng3r,

As dmaven informed you, it is possible to transfer the domain name away if 30 days are left before expiration. I just wanted to add that the transfer fee also includes 1 year renewal with the new Registrar.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

thanks,

greatly appreciated.

i'm sure same procedure applys to yahoo, i mean if i decide to transfer my domain on directnic to yahoo.

best,

// chall3ng3r //
    Last edited by chall3ng3r; 08-07-2005 at 04:35 PM.

Just remember of you renewed the name within 45 days of transferring you will lose the time you gain when you transfer the name over.
    Domain Maven

I've just recieved the notice from directnic that my domain will expire in 15 days.

and i'm just planing to intiate the transfer process from directnic to yahoo.

what you suggest? should i do the transfer or first refresh it on directnic than transfer?

// chall3ng3r //

15 days is border-line for a transfer if anything needs to be changed on the name, such as the admin contact or locking. I would do it anyway, just make sure everything is approved ASAP. Also, I am kinda concerned that this has changed to a transfer to Yahoo! Why did you change your mind? With all of the bad press Yahoo! gets on these boards, I'd think you would stay away, at least I would.

-D4n

thanks D4n,

great advise. currently i've just refreshed my domain but i've learned a lot from this discussion. because the domain is more important to me, so i want to do it in little relaxed stuation.

i've two domains registered with yahoo. but what i wanted is i can manage them under same area. i don't need to remeber more passwords, and things like that.

maybe i'll transfer my domains to some good company. which one you prefer if i ask you. i just want full controll + good renew rates.

thanks again.

// chall3ng3r //