Unhappy 12-year-old dies after collapsing at Disney World

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Indeed - and at the same time interesting.

What's caused these past three incidents?

Yea i do wonder, It could however be a coincidence as a awful lot of people do visit Disneyland.
    Regards,

I feel very sad for the family of this girl.

I do want to point out some things:
    Thursday's incident is the third sudden critical illness of a young person visiting Walt Disney World in three months. It is the second fatality.
    Oh my gosh, maybe there's something about Disney World that is killing people.

Although Leanne complained of leg cramps and headaches before her collapse, her mother, June Deacon, told deputies that she too had no known medical conditions.
    Leg cramps...headaches. Those are both signs of DEHYDRATION. It is very likely this was a heat stroke case but what kind of "..strange and sudden critical illness" sensastionalism would that be?

This kind of reporting only further causes people to be fearful and ignorant about things they don't understand immediately. MILLIONS of people go through Disney parks every year. They don't run EKG's on kids when they walk through the gates to find out if they have heart conditions. Most of you have no idea if you have one.

Statistically, the odds that you will have small kids with heart conditions show up at your park are fairly large. Statistically, you have an extremely large chance that you will have a heat casualty in hot weather if you don't drink enough.

I don't own stock in Disney or have a stake in their success but this article does nothing to inform other than to bring up some sensational idea that Disney is making kids ill.

Oh, and for the record, when it gets above a certain temperature, Disney gives away water at their parks to prevent these kinds of things. If there is any story here then it is this: it is very important to drink plenty of fluids in hot weather.

It is sad that the parent didn't recognize the signs of heat cramps - perhaps this story might have better served to help parents to see that so that cases like this could be avoided in the future. But that doesn't sell newspapers.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

I also feel very sorry from them, afterall they probably went to Disneyland for a family vacation, so sad

Very sad.....

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

very very sad.. I could not believe it when I read it yesterday.

i knew disney world was a screaming metal trap
    and i wish the best to the family of the girl