Thread: Modern Ruins

Modern Ruins

http://oboylephoto.com/ruins/index.htm

I've always found abondoned buildings from the mid eighteen hundreds / early nineteen hundreds interesting, albiet creepy.

Take a look at "Hospital X" for example.

That Hospital looks like something out of a horror movie! Creepy. And is there a bullet hole in one of the panes of glass in the door?
    www.kneuf.com
    Proudly Canadian

That Hospital looks like something out of a horror movie! Creepy. And is there a bullet hole in one of the panes of glass in the door?
    Very much indeed.

Very good pictures.

Abandoned buildings always make me sad. I always think about how much life was lived in them and then how they're just boarded up and empty now. I've been around a few closed military bases where the base housing is just boarded up and the streets are cracked with grass poking through and it just makes you think about how many kids used to run around there and play and all the families that lived there.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

What is this?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Pretty bad when 2 of the places on the site are local to me, The Buffalo Psyc. Center & Bethelem Steel... Show's how well my cities doing..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

holy cow you live near these wounderful top of the line buildings,
    Trifolic?
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Oh great, now I won't be able to sleep well tonight

Very nice site anyway...

Originally posted by gilbert
    holy cow you live near these wounderful top of the line buildings,
    Trifolic?
    Yea Bethelem steel is about 5 minutes down the road from me, and the psych center is about 15 minutes from me... A couple of years ago me and some friends went exploring in the psych center on halloween, what a scare that was, Now the place is a home to crackheads and junkies..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Re: Modern Ruins

Originally posted by DanX
    http://oboylephoto.com/ruins/index.htm

I've always found abondoned buildings from the mid eighteen hundreds / early nineteen hundreds interesting, albiet creepy.

Take a look at "Hospital X" for example.
    Where I live there a couple of abandoned houses. A while back, some friends and I decided that we were going to bust in and see what it's like. I've walked through grave yards at night, slept in a tent near an indian burial ground (which is freaky, because sometimes you hear these drum like noises beating) but this whole abandoned house thing freaked the hell out of me. Eventually I want to visit the old Mansfield Reformatory, in Mansfield Ohio. Reportedly that thing is a hot bed for ghost like activity. Shawshank Redemption was filmed there, and from what some of the crew members say, it get's wicked freaky there at night.

You can read more about it at http://www.zerotime.com/storefront/g...er/sample3.htm
    Last edited by IGobyTerry; 08-06-2005 at 12:15 AM.