Oops, misspelled domain name

For the first time in the 8 years or so that I've been domain name speculating for fun have I done this…I picked up a domain but it was misspelled! And not on purpose for mistyped purposes I flat out misspelled it. No wonder it was available!

That happen to anyone? Maybe it will work out for misdirected traffic purposes.

Yes, I did something similar a year ago or so. NameWinner makes it so easy to click on the domain names that are being dropped and I didn't look carefully one time and backordered a misspelled name. Unfortunately, I got it and had to pay for it. I think it got one click a month.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

my worst misstake was when I was working on my registration scripts. Suddenly i received a email of success of registration of something like cx3exs2z3.org!!!

Originally posted by lazat
    Suddenly i received a email of success of registration of something like cx3exs2z3.org!!!
    Dibs, whats your BIN price?

I once mispelled a domain on registration.

Fortunatly it was one of the free .info's so it didnt matter
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

I misspelled during the free .INFO promo as well.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

Originally posted by Dan541
    Fortunatly it was one of the free .info's so it didnt matter
    IMO: the .INFO have never mattered. Yet another saturated and never asked for extension. I'm surprised they haven't come out with .XYZ yet...yet.

Originally posted by rootbug
    IMO: the .INFO have never mattered. Yet another saturated and never asked for extension. I'm surprised they haven't come out with .XYZ yet...yet.
    The .info extension is very popular in Germany.

In addition, I recently saw an article stating that it is believed that Google gives more page rank to .org and .info TLDs as they are assumed to be non-commercial and geared towards content vs. commerce. Apparently, Google wants to dilute the page rank of all commerce or commercial pages so that they will be forced to buy Google ads. Just a rumor ... as always, Google ain't talking.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

If you misspell a domain, contact the registrar ASAP and you will most likely be able to get your money back. The agreement registrars have with the registry makes it so that they can cancel new registrations within the first 5 days of registration and not be billed for them. So, they can get their money back, why shouldn't you?

-D4n

if you mispellt it so may others, so it can be used as an interesting traffic catch.

one client regsitered a number of domains with both the correct and a deliberate mis-spelling of scottish because the sheer number of us that cant type
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules