* Free SQL hosting?

Anyone know any free SQL hosts other than freesql.org?

Thanks
    Been looking for great, cheap hosts? Want advice on finding the best web hosts, dedicated server hosts, reseller hosts, and colocation hosts?
    Email me now at [email protected]****ed.com for free information now!

I don't know of any free hosts specializing in databases, but there are plenty who offer a database as part of their package... Use the advanced search tool at www.freewebspace.net

Hope this helps.
    -- HW
    Zen Interactive
    Paid, and VPS Hosting Plans

Hi, TheRegulator

You can check www.FreeWebHostingTalk.com

Good Luck

Hi TheRegulartor,

I haven't seen any free sql web hosting companies yet. Basically, SQL Database single cpu, single server license is $5000 one time fee or $250/month. It's pretty costly to offer free hosting of SQL Database.

Hey,

I think, Lycos don't offer free SQL (Microsoft SQL) Database hosting.

I don't think you will find a host doing that with a genuine MS SQL license.

If you really need that config you should get a budget for your host or go with mySQL even though there are no many free hosts offering database for free.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

I agree with wbpro, I doubt you will find a host offering FREE SQL hosting.

If Microsoft decide to give away MS SQL licences for free, then you can find web hosts which provide free MS SQL hosting plans.
    Business Hosting Pro
    We Host Your Profits

http://www.hostultra.com
    I believe they have SQL hosting but i'm not sure. Check it out though.

Originally posted by thewebhostingdir
    Hi TheRegulartor,

I haven't seen any free sql web hosting companies yet. Basically, SQL Database single cpu, single server license is $5000 one time fee or $250/month. It's pretty costly to offer free hosting of SQL Database.
    You supposed he asked for MS-SQL, which he didnt tell.

As far as I know, MS-SQL isn't better than any other SQL server, and mySQL and PostGRE are far more used. And Guess what, they're free.

I don't know any place that offers free SQL databases beside freesql.org, that is dumb anyways, considering the fact that SQL transactions are not crypted over TCP (yet). That's why it's always better to run the SQL server on localhost, or on a closed network, behind a firewall.

Regulator, do you already have a webspace provider?

Originally posted by AntX
    You supposed he asked for MS-SQL, which he didnt tell.

As far as I know, MS-SQL isn't better than any other SQL server, and mySQL and PostGRE are far more used. And Guess what, they're free.

I don't know any place that offers free SQL databases beside freesql.org, that is dumb anyways, considering the fact that SQL transactions are not crypted over TCP (yet). That's why it's always better to run the SQL server on localhost, or on a closed network, behind a firewall.

Regulator, do you already have a webspace provider?
    Actually there is a world of difference between the two. Maybe not for web hosting, but for other applications that require a SQL database MySQL and MS-SQL are in completely different leagues. MySQL is a great product, but doesn't support a lot of the advanced features that MS-SQL does and is needed for many different types of applications...I have no experience with PostGRE so I won't comment on that.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

I believe it would be difficult to offer free SQL hosting due to the expensive liceancing fees.

Agreed with the "differences in functionnality" between the two.

Then again, the guy only asked for "free SQL" which is not very descriptive.. we don't even know what he's going to do with it.

Yes I have a host, a free one.

Excuse me, by SQL I meant any kind, including MS SQL and Mysql, no need for too many advanced features so I'd wanna stick to MySQL databases or something plain.

I'd only use the databases for forums, blogs, and member organization. No advanced applications.

Hope this shines sum light onto what Im looking for.
    Been looking for great, cheap hosts? Want advice on finding the best web hosts, dedicated server hosts, reseller hosts, and colocation hosts?
    Email me now at [email protected]****ed.com for free information now!

Last time I checked, funpic.org (located in germany) offered a free, unlimited webspace account with PHP and mySQL.

There's a lot of rules tho, so better check that first.

And size limit is 1mb per file.