Question why should we have 2 nameserver?

why should we have more than 1 nameserver if we only have 1 physical server?

it is suggested that one name server will be on the same physical server and the second name server on other physical server.. but in case i only have one server, so.. even i have second nameserver on other physical server (provider's server) if the main server is down.. nobody can access my domain name.. so what for i have second nameserver on other physical server?

it's a ICANN requirements really. are anyone need register domain which will not accessible to people within a 24x7x365?
    using two nameservers on one physical server just cheapest solution but it is not best solution.
    TK Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR

For you, no particular reason.

But for many, the operation of a domain name is more important than the operation of a single box. So this simple redundancy/load balancing scheme was built into the dns system, and it is pretty much the standard rule with all types of domains to have at least 2 dns servers. There is a RFC that elaborates on why and how, but i forget the number of it..

You can get a second ip-adress for your box though and it will look like 2 separate dns-servers.
    We do co-location and system management in Stockholm, Sweden. Unfortunately we cannot host you, but i'm sure you'll be ok.

Remember, the best backup in the world is the one you make yourself.