My friend Alberth Franco and I started a non-profit organization called Food For Mind in January of 2005 with a purpose of collecting books to help rebuild the damaged schools and libraries in Sri Lanka as a result of the earthquake and tsunamis that hit December 26, 2004.

FFM (Food For Mind) collected books for the past few months and we've achieved sending almost 400 books to Sri Lanka (we have more that have not been sent yet). We really feel this is a very important cause because many world-relief organizations are not putting an immediate emphasis on education and so we decided we ought to.

Personal letters written by Alberth Franco and I for our reasons of starting this org can be found at

Our goal of sending 1,000 books is far from reached and so I ask anyone that can send books to my house, please do. Information about how to donate books can be found at:

Because it is very expensive to ship books, we are also asking if anyone can donate money so that we would have an easier shot at sending every single book collected. If you can't afford to send the books to my house, try to donate as much money as you can afford. Every $1 is appreciated. Ways to donate money can be found at:

As an incentive, if you go to our site, on the left hand side is our place to give thanks to people. It can also serve as an advertising tool for you so if you help donate books or money I will put either your name, or your website (whichever you prefer) in that column.

If you have any questions you can either PM me or send e-mail at [email protected]