Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Modernbill, AWBS or ClientExec

I can't decide, feel like shooting myself. any help will be appreciated!

-
    I'm choosing between ModernBill, ClientExec and AWBS (http://www.awbs.com/products.php)
    Which one will you recommend in terms of easy to install, good support and has below:

Which of them have the following features:

- comes with templates/themes like http://www.awbs.com/packages.php?spt=1 to build a webhosting site from scratch

- support ticketing system (support) when users email to sales@mydomain.com it will automatically show up in a forum link so users can go the url and reply.

- good credit card billing system which releases the funds monthly

I'm using FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE and DirectAdmin Hosting panel.

help appreciated!

I've used both modernbill and clientexec.
    I wouldn't recommend clientexec because of the lack of
    features. Its nice and simple but you need more than that for
    a webhosting server.
    Modernbill its the opposite, it has too many features which can
    be overwhelming at times.
    As far as functionality goes, modernbill its pretty stable, like with
    any other software you'll encounter problems here and there but
    overall I think its a nice piece of software.

I would recommend ModernBill. At first, I also said that it was bloated with features, but when you really look at it, it really isn't, it's just a lot of 'buttons' to make it look like it has a lot of features, and most of them are in the System Config, so no, it really doesn't have a lot of real special features, but just enough.

Support is ok, but they work on a Monday-Friday basis and leave the office at 5pm eastern time (?) I did submit a ticket, forgot what it was regarding, but I had submited a ticket at around 7am, and got a response at 2pm, to recieve a reply that didn't help me at all, so I had to set them straight that if they are going to provide such delayed responses, that they need to reply with accurate information that will actually help you (because they are only their for business hours).

One thing I like about ModernBill is that is customizable, as far as colors, text, size, bordering etc which is something you won't get in CE (although I like their interface a lot as well) and AWBS (heck, all billing managers for that matter).

As far as your support desk question, I don't think any billing manager does what you just mentioned, but I could be mis-understanding what you are saying. If you are talking about e-mail piping to the support desk, ModernBill has no e-mail piping, which I guess is a disadvantage, but they still have a nice support system once you get used to it. However, I may switch to the help desk that has the monthly fee of $35.00 (I can never remember the name of the company... Cerber....)

Anyways, ModernBill is the nicest system you can have.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

I have the same question with ModernBill and AWBS, but more details: beside of billing features, which one is working better with eSupport, from your experiences?

thanks

I would say modernbill. I have only seem the demo of the integrations however.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

ClientExec has been just fine for me. I've been satisfied with the way it has performed and with the latest release it has given me even more flexibility. It does lack some of the features of the other systems but for the price and ease of use, you couldn't do much better. You can always have someone program the features you need as well.

thanks, can ClientExec meet my requirements above?

Originally posted by bryanlee
    thanks, can ClientExec meet my requirements above?

1) Not sure what you mean here. It does come with two standard themes but that just changes the look of CE itself, not a website.

2) Yes, ClientExec supports email piping.

3) Provided that you have a merchant account, yes.

Hope this helps..
    ProficientHost
    http://www.proficienthost.com
    Delivering Quality Hosting, Design & Dedicated Servers
    WHT's 1M Topic Creator - Proud Registered User

Hi,

Don't use AWBS it not cool. I have bought and its useless. It creates accounts but does not records them it has some jao issues which their support team is unable to fix. I suggest that you better first try free/cheaper alternatives or either better go for MB.

For eg. I have first purchased WhoisCart..its good and easy and inexpensive too. It creates CPanel accounts very good but has problems with directi.

Then i went for AccountLab: This one did'nt worked at all.

Then i got AWBS: It sometimes worked and sometimes it did'nt. Everything was fine from my end. Support people don't seems to be knowing the bugs why it happens. I think their script is too extensive thats why it fails to do things properly.

I have seen that MB is the best. But it is too expensive.

So in final i suggest that you go for WhoisCart its pretty good.

Thanks.

Hi,

Also instead of using a inbuilt suport ticket system i suggest you go for a third party support ticket system and get a php script developed from someone so when someone registers on your website or you create an account for them...the customer gets registered into 3rd party support ticket system also.

This will be more easier than using a inbuilt suport ticket system as most of them are not cool. If you go for WhoisCart + some support ticket system it will cost your very less than MB and you'll still be getting all the featues you need.

Thanks.

whats the url for whoiscart?

whoiscart.net

Ive used DRAMS / AWBS before however after using modernbill ill never go back, AWBS is difficult to intergrate into an existing site.
    System Administrator

I have user whois.cart and now ClientExec, and even if CE don't have some features I would like, I have to rekommed it over whois.cart. Why? Outstanding billing features with great overlook over all invoices which whois.cart miss. Then the integrated support tickets system is very simple, but It's all you need. If you already use whois.cart there's a refugee offer from CE, 50% if you buy the software.

Can't really say anything about MB, since I have not used it.

Hi,

One thing of whoiscart which i liked about it is the ease of customizing it according to you existing website style. If you know a little bit of php then it will be a charm to integreat whoiscart into your existing site.

Also very few pages in whoiscart allows you to quickly re-design it and start using it. Then you can use any 3rd party tts. If you're looking for a good, simple, easy to customize tts then do a search for "hesk" in google.

HESK is easy to use, customize and install. Rest is upto you.

Thanks.

In my opinion modernbill is better then AWBS or ClientExec

I use AWBS and don't have the issues you guys are talking about. I found it quite easy to integrate into my existing site (tedious and time consuming, yes, but easy).

I had two strange problems with interfacing AWBS with BluePay (found the workaround myself) and had a problem with registering a .us domain through directi that was fixed within hours by their support.

Overall I think with AWBS you get quite good value for money. I'd use MB (just because customers are familiar with it), but I find it waaay too expensive.

We've used ClientExec religiously. First off, they have released a new version that adds a few new features and cleaned it up a bit. It's basic, but that's all one needs. It runs billing flawlessly, support is very organized, and the integration into sign up is a breeze. The main thing about ClientExec is that it is client friendly. It's very simple to use, and has nearly eliminated billing questions. Very rarely do clients needs instructions on how to use the center.
    • The Web Hosting Network •
    • Innovative Hosting Solutions • Personal Support & Sales•
    •Superior Web Site Hosting Since 1999•

i second twhnman.

I didn't tried the new release. but it's on the todo list...

Limited experience, but maybe it will help

I've been using Modernbill for over 3 years, and unfortunately I don't have any other experience with the others but Modernbill does what we need it to plus a lot more.

There are so many modules that it works with which is both a good and bad thing, becuase one gets the impression that there is more to maintain than the team there can actually manage, plus there is always the demoand of bug fixing and new feature requests!

All I'd say is make sure that whatever you need is supported BEFORE you choose, for example if you needed Nochex intergration you couldn't go with Modernbill, but AWBS would be a good choice. There's a new release of Modernbill within the next 2 months which should clear up a lot of issues and add some more functionality.

Hope this helps.

I use client exec and am very happy wiht it. Although there were some issues with installation, and the upgrades never seem to go smoothly, it runs just fine for me. It has all the features I need, which I guess is wht you should look for. I haven't tried the other two so I cannot comment on them. I hope your choice goes well for you

~Seb

A year ago I dropped Clientexec in favor of DRAMS.

Some days ago I received an offer from Servint for providing ClientExec at $2/mo. So I decided that I could give it a try again, and placed my order.

Now I have a question that I hope someone may answer me:

- Is it possible to make Clientexec support 2 or more control panel
    plugins simultaneously? For instance handle both cpanel and directadmin
    and Helm (if someday CE supports Helm) with the same ClientExec installation?

This is supported in AWBS but CE does not show signs of supporting this... or am I wrong?

We have been Mb users for a couple of years now and it is just bug after bug after bug with it. For the past 8 months anyone that submits a ticket gets the standard response that the bug will be fixed in v5 which is due out sometime in 3rd quarter. It hasn't even gone to alpha testing yet at this point so I don't think we will get our problems fixed.

Currently we have a new license of AWBS and are setting it up to see if it will meet our needs. MB has too many mission critical bugs in it these days and their support staff is not interested in fixing any of them. AWBS has been no more difficult to get configured than MB was so I think it will work nicely for us. The domain handling of AWBS is 1000x better than MB and the fact customers can fill up their accounts for billing and they actually have a button to cancel their account are huge +s.

Bottom line is everyone is going to love one product and hate another. Use the demos, but I would recommend AWBS at this point. There are actually reports that you can read out of it to import things to Quickbooks and development is actively happening on it and not being pushed off.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

AWBS is a really well designed product, however still has some rough edges.

For instance, look for the sample order form. Clientexec and MB ones
    are far more user friendly. Also I still donīt understand the telephone number input format

We've used ModernBill & WHMAP, ModernBill has proven to be the best out of the 2. We also have a CE license for another company, which does its job but nothing more...

ModernBill supports the following features:

- support ticketing system (support) when users email to sales@mydomain.com it will automatically show up in a forum link so users can go the url and reply.

- good credit card billing system which releases the funds monthly
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast