Live Chat Support Software

Hello.
    We look for a live chat support php software like PHPLive under $50. It may be simple and for 1 operator. We'II use it on our own Web space(it must not be Hosted Solution). Can you recommend any software for us?
    Thanks.

why not make your own it uses php flat file and XMLHTTPREQUEST to keep live and after all conversations are inactive and closed it deletes the flat file and adds the convo to a database.

Liver Person is probably the best, but expensive, way better then phplive, might want to take a look at Cerberus' live chat too.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

madudemike - thats not so simple. you have to provide some backend for operators.
    best way is if they are able to use some common use IM.
    then customer uses www interface (advantage: IM independen), data stored into db , website can be refreshed with xmlhttprequest (as you suggested), then some kind of script resend all messages to some instant messenger (adv: operator does not have to use web interface, does not have to refresh nor check anything on the website).

some nice example for livechat+jabber was once in some magazine called "php solutions", i cant find english version of that article anywhere, but i found spanish (i think that is spanish )
    http://www.programacion.net/php/tuto...ol_livechat/1/ anyway pictures and sample codes clearly demonstrate how to build such livechat
    from my own experience i can tell that writing something similar but for AIM is quite easy (at least for single operator)
    www.goscinnawies.pl - family business, small travel agency in Poland

Check out ExoPHPDesk

I just switched my support system over and so far its great.

http://exoscripts.com/exohelpdesk

Originally posted by DJ-Sound
    Check out ExoPHPDesk

We look for a simple live help software, not help desk. Thanks.

Originally posted by rootsupport
    You can give a try to http://www.clickchatsold.com and http://www.liveperson.com (expensive) both are very good chat softwares.
    it must not be Hosted Solution and the price must be under $50. Thanks.

Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Hi,

Try http://www.providesupport.com.
    It is a great live chat software.

Hi Tapan,

I think it's paid. If you go for it's free version, you will need to show their links on the chat pages plus some limitations in functionality.

If you have a good budget, then there is no problem to go for boldchat.com

I suggest you try Kayako's Live Response. Its feature-packed and comes at a good price.
    Revo.in :: MyRevo.com
    Revolutionary Web Host, Programmer & Web Consultant
    Our Priorities - Client Satisfaction :: Quality Service :: Creative Growth ::

quote:Originally posted by DJ-Sound
    Check out ExoPHPDesk

We look for a simple live help software, not help desk. Thanks.
    ExoPHPDesk DOES have live help. And it's great.

I guess you have to register an account to use the chat?

Originally posted by wildx22
    ExoPHPDesk DOES have live help. And it's great.
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

Thumbs up

livehelp.stardevelop.com is pretty good.. Constant updates and is not that expensive.

You should try help center live.

Hi Latinbits,

livehelp.stardevelop.com is not providing any demonstration or trial version. So, unless, we've any review from someone who is using this software already, I won't recommend to go with this.

I also recommend Kayako's LiveResponse. They have been cranking out some really magnificant software over the past few years for Web Driven businesses. LiveResponse, esupport, supportsuite, etc.

They will setup a trial you can download and use on your server for about seven days to see if you dig it.
    Encept, a division of Zeruck, LLC.
    visit our site | chat with us online
    WE DO NOT OVERSELL AND WE ARE STABLE!

Originally posted by thewebhostingdir
    Hi Latinbits,

livehelp.stardevelop.com is not providing any demonstration or trial version. So, unless, we've any review from someone who is using this software already, I won't recommend to go with this.
    Well..

Ive been using it for almost a year now.. Honestly not under heavy load.. It does the job.. it has a windows client application.. Runs under php and needs a data base.. Tells you were is the visitor located (GeoIP location thing I think).. Custom responses are available.. Gives you an alert (Sound and popup little box like with messenger) every time some one visit a new page on your website.. Different status for staff available (Online, Away, Busy, Offline..).. Internal messaging available too.. Ability to configure different departments.. Offline messaging too.. Support for multiple languages (You have to do the translation)

Is it good for anybody else? Dont really know.. I guess you will have to try and decide.. I know is cheap compare to others out there. I needed something to interact from time to time with my customers and I was not willing to pay too much on this feature.. Will I buy it again if I need to? If they dont change de price You Bet!! It does the job for me!

Good Luck

Originally posted by Raptors
    I guess you have to register an account to use the chat?
    It's not that hard to edit the code so that the public can also use the live chat.

And those who're really interested in the hosting will take a few minutes to register an account to use the live chat. Otherwise, emails don't take long either.
    Last edited by wildx22; 08-13-2005 at 02:46 AM.

if you need a live support i would us crafty sntax you get it free in fantasico and you can have unlimited operators and depatments.check it out

I vote for "LivePerson", it is professional, reliable and feature-packed.

Originally posted by matrux
    I also recommend Kayako's LiveResponse. They have been cranking out some really magnificant software over the past few years for Web Driven businesses. LiveResponse, esupport, supportsuite, etc.

They will setup a trial you can download and use on your server for about seven days to see if you dig it.
    Do you know the exact URL for this trial? I remember seeing it before and cannot find it now.

PHPLive

Go with PHPLivesupport.com 100%

Originally posted by msh498
    if you need a live support i would us crafty sntax you get it free in fantasico and you can have unlimited operators and depatments.check it out
    We are also using this.. for our live chat

try www. liveperson.net
    ╠══ Cool Wallpapers ══╡
    ║►►► Optimize your website

What about those hosted ones like ClickChatSold?

There was something I didn't like about StarDevelop, can't remember what is was.

I still remember paying for chattist, which has since disappeared.
    Glenn Lee
    Swiftroute Private Limited
    Singapore Managed Hosting Services

Originally posted by Latinbits
    Well..

Ive been using it for almost a year now.. Honestly not under heavy load.. It does the job.. it has a windows client application.. Runs under php and needs a data base.. Tells you were is the visitor located (GeoIP location thing I think).. Custom responses are available.. Gives you an alert (Sound and popup little box like with messenger) every time some one visit a new page on your website.. Different status for staff available (Online, Away, Busy, Offline..).. Internal messaging available too.. Ability to configure different departments.. Offline messaging too.. Support for multiple languages (You have to do the translation)

Is it good for anybody else? Dont really know.. I guess you will have to try and decide.. I know is cheap compare to others out there. I needed something to interact from time to time with my customers and I was not willing to pay too much on this feature.. Will I buy it again if I need to? If they dont change de price You Bet!! It does the job for me!
    I used it. Has its problems and looks great but ridiculously basic. Very poor recording of events and records. Worse is their licensing policy. It's not that you can only run one instance which is acceptable. You can only have the END USER support on ONE DOMAIN for $99 or whatever it is. So if you have 2 sites and 1 site is your "support site" you cannot place the graphics on the two sites. You will need a license for each. That comes out to being very, very expensive. I found this out when they notified me by "catching" me in this "violation."

Support is... well... even from the beginning civil and snide. There is arrogant laughter at every message I received. I'm not the only one here who felt the same way and you can doa search. I'd stay away from the eye candy and either buy a real solution for a little more or not bother with this one.

zopiwebhosting the trial is currently down as they are either launching a new site or preparing to launch the new version.... Can't remember which because it has been a week or so since I asked.

As for it's usability, person I like it. At one time I made the mistake of trying to use the free helpdesk options then the cheap ones, I finally ended up moving to Kayako and was happy.

But it is all up to what a person needs/wants in the product.

How is everyone's experience with Cerberus Live Help? I would like to get some feedback

liveperson is right choice than others for us.

Parsv

Go with Kayako they have a great live chat and esupport bundle for $40 and the tech support is fast and accurate.

I too would like to suggest KayakoSupportSuite for all Helpdesk and LiveSupport needs. I think they offer a great product for a reasonable price. The admincp is stylish, clean, but yet simple enough for anyone to use. If you do decide to go with Kayako, let me know what you think of their product, would be glad to cross notes with you.
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders

we used phplive probably the nicest interface if you purchase the windows client.