Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1

    Live Chat Support Software

    Hello.
    We look for a live chat support php software like PHPLive under $50. It may be simple and for 1 operator. We'II use it on our own Web space(it must not be Hosted Solution). Can you recommend any software for us?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    why not make your own it uses php flat file and XMLHTTPREQUEST to keep live and after all conversations are inactive and closed it deletes the flat file and adds the convo to a database.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Internet / Colorado
    Posts
    1,652
    Liver Person is probably the best, but expensive, way better then phplive, might want to take a look at Cerberus' live chat too.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Złocieniec, Poland
    Posts
    190
    madudemike - thats not so simple. you have to provide some backend for operators.
    best way is if they are able to use some common use IM.
    then customer uses www interface (advantage: IM independen), data stored into db , website can be refreshed with xmlhttprequest (as you suggested), then some kind of script resend all messages to some instant messenger (adv: operator does not have to use web interface, does not have to refresh nor check anything on the website).

    some nice example for livechat+jabber was once in some magazine called "php solutions", i cant find english version of that article anywhere, but i found spanish (i think that is spanish )
    http://www.programacion.net/php/tuto...ol_livechat/1/ anyway pictures and sample codes clearly demonstrate how to build such livechat
    from my own experience i can tell that writing something similar but for AIM is quite easy (at least for single operator)
    www.goscinnawies.pl - family business, small travel agency in Poland

  5. #5
    Check out ExoPHPDesk

    I just switched my support system over and so far its great.

    http://exoscripts.com/exohelpdesk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    211

  7. #7
    Originally posted by DJ-Sound
    Check out ExoPHPDesk

    I just switched my support system over and so far its great.

    http://exoscripts.com/exohelpdesk
    We look for a simple live help software, not help desk. Thanks.

  8. #8
    Originally posted by rootsupport
    You can give a try to http://www.clickchatsold.com and http://www.liveperson.com (expensive) both are very good chat softwares.
    it must not be Hosted Solution and the price must be under $50. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  10. #10
    Hi,

    Try http://www.providesupport.com.
    It is a great live chat software.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    India, USA
    Posts
    363

  12. #12
    Hi Tapan,

    I think it's paid. If you go for it's free version, you will need to show their links on the chat pages plus some limitations in functionality.

    If you have a good budget, then there is no problem to go for boldchat.com

  13. #13
    I suggest you try Kayako's Live Response. Its feature-packed and comes at a good price.
    Revo.in :: MyRevo.com
    Revolutionary Web Host, Programmer & Web Consultant
    Our Priorities - Client Satisfaction :: Quality Service :: Creative Growth ::


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8
    quote:Originally posted by DJ-Sound
    Check out ExoPHPDesk

    I just switched my support system over and so far its great.

    http://exoscripts.com/exohelpdesk



    We look for a simple live help software, not help desk. Thanks.
    ExoPHPDesk DOES have live help. And it's great.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    475
    I guess you have to register an account to use the chat?

    Originally posted by wildx22
    ExoPHPDesk DOES have live help. And it's great.
    Dixiy.com - Professional Web Hosting Provider since 2002
    AutoCreation.net - Automation Solution for cPanel Hosting! + Illegal File Scanner
    WHDir.net - Your complete Web Hosting Directory with Hosting/Server Tutorials

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9

    Thumbs up

    livehelp.stardevelop.com is pretty good.. Constant updates and is not that expensive.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    33
    You should try help center live.

  18. #18
    Hi Latinbits,

    livehelp.stardevelop.com is not providing any demonstration or trial version. So, unless, we've any review from someone who is using this software already, I won't recommend to go with this.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    31
    I also recommend Kayako's LiveResponse. They have been cranking out some really magnificant software over the past few years for Web Driven businesses. LiveResponse, esupport, supportsuite, etc.

    They will setup a trial you can download and use on your server for about seven days to see if you dig it.
    Encept, a division of Zeruck, LLC.
    visit our site | chat with us online
    WE DO NOT OVERSELL AND WE ARE STABLE!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9
    Originally posted by thewebhostingdir
    Hi Latinbits,

    livehelp.stardevelop.com is not providing any demonstration or trial version. So, unless, we've any review from someone who is using this software already, I won't recommend to go with this.
    Well..

    Ive been using it for almost a year now.. Honestly not under heavy load.. It does the job.. it has a windows client application.. Runs under php and needs a data base.. Tells you were is the visitor located (GeoIP location thing I think).. Custom responses are available.. Gives you an alert (Sound and popup little box like with messenger) every time some one visit a new page on your website.. Different status for staff available (Online, Away, Busy, Offline..).. Internal messaging available too.. Ability to configure different departments.. Offline messaging too.. Support for multiple languages (You have to do the translation)

    Is it good for anybody else? Dont really know.. I guess you will have to try and decide.. I know is cheap compare to others out there. I needed something to interact from time to time with my customers and I was not willing to pay too much on this feature.. Will I buy it again if I need to? If they dont change de price You Bet!! It does the job for me!

    Good Luck

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8
    Originally posted by Raptors
    I guess you have to register an account to use the chat?
    It's not that hard to edit the code so that the public can also use the live chat.

    And those who're really interested in the hosting will take a few minutes to register an account to use the live chat. Otherwise, emails don't take long either.
    Last edited by wildx22; 08-13-2005 at 02:46 AM.

  22. #22
    if you need a live support i would us crafty sntax you get it free in fantasico and you can have unlimited operators and depatments.check it out

  23. #23
    I vote for "LivePerson", it is professional, reliable and feature-packed.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    324
    Originally posted by matrux
    I also recommend Kayako's LiveResponse. They have been cranking out some really magnificant software over the past few years for Web Driven businesses. LiveResponse, esupport, supportsuite, etc.

    They will setup a trial you can download and use on your server for about seven days to see if you dig it.
    Do you know the exact URL for this trial? I remember seeing it before and cannot find it now.

  25. #25

    PHPLive

    Go with PHPLivesupport.com 100%

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    241
    Originally posted by msh498
    if you need a live support i would us crafty sntax you get it free in fantasico and you can have unlimited operators and depatments.check it out
    We are also using this.. for our live chat

  27. #27
    try www. liveperson.net
    ╠══ Cool Wallpapers ══╡
    ║►►► Optimize your website

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    46
    What about those hosted ones like ClickChatSold?

    There was something I didn't like about StarDevelop, can't remember what is was.

    I still remember paying for chattist, which has since disappeared.
    Glenn Lee
    Swiftroute Private Limited
    Singapore Managed Hosting Services

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    369
    Originally posted by Latinbits
    Well..

    Ive been using it for almost a year now.. Honestly not under heavy load.. It does the job.. it has a windows client application.. Runs under php and needs a data base.. Tells you were is the visitor located (GeoIP location thing I think).. Custom responses are available.. Gives you an alert (Sound and popup little box like with messenger) every time some one visit a new page on your website.. Different status for staff available (Online, Away, Busy, Offline..).. Internal messaging available too.. Ability to configure different departments.. Offline messaging too.. Support for multiple languages (You have to do the translation)

    Is it good for anybody else? Dont really know.. I guess you will have to try and decide.. I know is cheap compare to others out there. I needed something to interact from time to time with my customers and I was not willing to pay too much on this feature.. Will I buy it again if I need to? If they dont change de price You Bet!! It does the job for me!
    I used it. Has its problems and looks great but ridiculously basic. Very poor recording of events and records. Worse is their licensing policy. It's not that you can only run one instance which is acceptable. You can only have the END USER support on ONE DOMAIN for $99 or whatever it is. So if you have 2 sites and 1 site is your "support site" you cannot place the graphics on the two sites. You will need a license for each. That comes out to being very, very expensive. I found this out when they notified me by "catching" me in this "violation."

    Support is... well... even from the beginning civil and snide. There is arrogant laughter at every message I received. I'm not the only one here who felt the same way and you can doa search. I'd stay away from the eye candy and either buy a real solution for a little more or not bother with this one.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    211

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    2,449
    zopiwebhosting the trial is currently down as they are either launching a new site or preparing to launch the new version.... Can't remember which because it has been a week or so since I asked.

    As for it's usability, person I like it. At one time I made the mistake of trying to use the free helpdesk options then the cheap ones, I finally ended up moving to Kayako and was happy.

    But it is all up to what a person needs/wants in the product.

  32. #32
    How is everyone's experience with Cerberus Live Help? I would like to get some feedback

  33. #33
    liveperson is right choice than others for us.

    Parsv

  34. #34
    Go with Kayako they have a great live chat and esupport bundle for $40 and the tech support is fast and accurate.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    607
    I too would like to suggest KayakoSupportSuite for all Helpdesk and LiveSupport needs. I think they offer a great product for a reasonable price. The admincp is stylish, clean, but yet simple enough for anyone to use. If you do decide to go with Kayako, let me know what you think of their product, would be glad to cross notes with you.
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders

  36. #36
    we used phplive probably the nicest interface if you purchase the windows client.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •