Need half rack with 1mbit (10mbit burst) with access in Boston

I'm looking for a half rack with
    1mbit premium bandwidth
    10amp of power
    class c block of ip addresses

Any idea where I can find this in Boston? There are no deals in the deal forum, and cogent doesn't have a Boston DC.

I'm pretty sure Dave at FluidHosting.com offers colo in Boston.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

1 Mbps $375 per month plus rack space and IP addresses.

That seems like so much $$

Sounds like a fair price to me.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Contact Dave directly via PM on these forums or through their site - he might be able to work out a deal for you. I know when I contacted him, he was more than willing to work out something to fit my budget.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Cogent has some Colo space at 1 Summer St.

There are a lot of other providers in 1 Summer and I would guess that someone could hit this price range.

If you would like, I can get you a quote for 1 Summer St. I was debating on going there and have a meeting next week there with a few reps.
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation and Dedicated Servers

I actually called Cogent - they told me that they didn't have cogent dc's in Boston despite the fact that 1summer is listed. Crucial - could you please send me the quotes that you got?

I have some quote's from cogentco for there 1 Summer St and there waltham DC. They don't have an actual DC but there are providers in those locations with transit from them, and they do lit those locations. I will have solid quote's come Wednesday Night and I will answer pm's then. I think when your face to face with a provider like that and the environment im going to be in with other providers litting 1 Summer they will go very low.

Better Pricing

There is more aggressive pricing in the Boston area.

What locations in the Boston area are you talking about? Switch + Data in Waltham is majorly expensive. The only location I would even touch is 1 Summer St. I have quote's and plans on moving in there very soon unless you can give me a better option with Aggressive pricing.

Originally posted by Crucial
    What locations in the Boston area are you talking about? Switch + Data in Waltham is majorly expensive. The only location I would even touch is 1 Summer St. I have quote's and plans on moving in there very soon unless you can give me a better option with Aggressive pricing.
    Sorry, but I would never touch anything underground in Boston. Public works is outdated by 5 years for under ground utilities. No one even knows where the fiber optic is and I have first hand knowledge of this
    on the big dig.

1 Summer has 2 fiber entry points and they know where the fiber is ran and comes in. Not sure about other locations but I belive the financial district is locked down.

Your points are taken and stand ground but wont turn me away from a building that has tons of fiber and more power than it can handle.... When the DMC ran out of power .... 1 Summer st backed up the DMC.

Also that building is the HUB for boston with many providers (31) if memory serves me correct.

You work in the BIG DIG? My Fiance's Father was an engineer the first 2 years of the BIG DIG I can get those util documents and check for fiber and ask him what he thinks about it....... or give me feedback on anything.

Have your Fiance's Father get any docs he wants, it takes 3-5 years for any utilities to be updated on plans and when work is done with backhoes, nine - out of ten, they bust something...Never mind the constant flow of water that come in.

Has there ever been a problem in Boston with 1 Summer street that maybe you know of that I don't?

There is ALWAYS the possibility of having problems no matter where you go....... CA = Earthquakes FL = Tornado's or Flooding

The only thing we can do is add measures to prevent them as much as we can.

Originally posted by rmMark1
    Have your Fiance's Father get any docs he wants, it takes 3-5 years for any utilities to be updated on plans and when work is done with backhoes, nine - out of ten, they bust something...Never mind the constant flow of water that come in.
    The cluephone is ringing, and it is for you.

As a network operator with assets in 1 Summer Street for more than a year, I find your claims completely out of touch with reality .
    TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
    Metro-Boston Affordable Colocation, Dedicated Servers & IP Consulting
    http://www.towardex.com
    [email protected]

Originally posted by haesu

As a network operator with assets in 1 Summer Street for more than a year, I find your claims completely out of touch with reality .

Well said

Originally posted by haesu

Of course you do. you never looked under the street of Summer St, I have and seen backhoe opertator's bust the fiber optic that was never on the dig safe schematic and had to wait hours for line men to show to splice it back together. You also know ( and I know you do) that Summer St is under water as is half of Boston is from the North End to Southy. Anyone that Knows Boston, it is built on a land fill....correct?

Of course you do. you never looked under the street of Summer St, I have and seen backhoe opertator's bust the fiber optic that was never on the dig safe schematic and had to wait hours for line men to show to splice it back together. You also know ( and I know you do) that Summer St is under water as is half of Boston is from the North End to Southy. Anyone that Knows Boston, it is built on a land fill....correct?
    Yes and my network (among others) was still online.
    TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
    Metro-Boston Affordable Colocation, Dedicated Servers & IP Consulting
    http://www.towardex.com
    [email protected]

My Transport never died......

Originally posted by yukstah
    I actually called Cogent - they told me that they didn't have cogent dc's in Boston despite the fact that 1summer is listed. Crucial - could you please send me the quotes that you got?
    Two reasons Cogent says they don't have a datacenter in Boston.

1) It is an unmanned facility, you are lucky is someone is there 9-5 M-F

2) My sales guy says it is not yet an asset of Cogent it is still being transfered (or something he didn't know the details) from the PSI buy out or bankruptcy (which ever it was).

Attached is the picture from there sales powerpoint.

Back in March i was told the following when we asked about a cab and 100 megs:

"The first Cabinet is free with bandwidth, every cabinet after standard price is $800."

Hope it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cogent-1summer.jpg  

Hello....

I went to Cogent/Summer St Gathering or whatever you would like to call it. Cogent' consists of a GigAPOP in 1 summer st and that picture is not Cogent or atleast not what I seen.

1 Summer st is owned and operated by The Markley Group and you rent space from their Neutral Room in which you can Cross Connect about 30 carriers into your cabinet, thats where Cogent comes in if you request a Cogent Line you can have it ran there.

I'm getting 100Mbps from Cogent next week and I have space in Summer St's Neutral Colo Room.

Also I belive Cogent has someone on-site 24/7 but they can only assist you with your line not the cabinet as thats owned by Markley Group which is staffed 24/7.

1summerst.com for more infomation I guess.

Originally posted by Crucial
    Hello....

I went to Cogent/Summer St Gathering or whatever you would like to call it. Cogent' consists of a GigAPOP in 1 summer st and that picture is not Cogent or atleast not what I seen.

1 Summer st is owned and operated by The Markley Group and you rent space from their Neutral Room in which you can Cross Connect about 30 carriers into your cabinet, thats where Cogent comes in if you request a Cogent Line you can have it ran there.

I'm getting 100Mbps from Cogent next week and I have space in Summer St's Neutral Colo Room.

Also I belive Cogent has someone on-site 24/7 but they can only assist you with your line not the cabinet as thats owned by Markley Group which is staffed 24/7.

1summerst.com for more infomation I guess.
    You are correct that there is the carrier neutral space run by Markley Group (building owner) that was built by Enron, however at the time (March '05) Cogent was trying to sell me space in there facility in 1 Summer. And at the time they said they had no 24x7 staff of any type, only line guys 9-5. There are many datacenters built out in 1 Summer other then the carrier neutral run by Markley, including (some aren't public) Comcast, RCN, Qwest, and XO.

The Markley Group was/is unmanned, however they are quickly growing there managed support buisness and i am not sure the latest on 24x7 as i have not spoken with them for 2-3 months.

Congratulations on the new expansion into 1 Summer.

Thank You.....

Yes when I was speaking with Jeff from Markley it seems they have a full array of managed staff memebers on call or on site not sure if I got that information clear.

Yes there is a lot of old Enron space there and still most of it empty I had a full tour that building is lit like a Christmas Tree and has more power and generators and hvac than I could of ever thought of. Deffinatly a nice building by far.

But yea Cogent having anything to offer in summer st besides bandwidth is false.

Before 2006 we plan on having about 400Mbps of capacity and this location is killer for it. Can pick and choose who you want to use and they will compete for the win. (No one will come close to Cogent and they tell you that right away).