FDCSERVERS ripped me off, fraud alert

I cancelled service and they confirmed it was cancelled. After they confirmed it was cancelled they billed me for two additional months. They have credited one month but are not responding to my last 10 emails requesting a refund for the first month.

I've been emailing them for weeks now and they have not answered once. I'm probably going to file a complaint with the BBB.

These guys are freaking thieves, avoid like the plague.
      0 Not allowed!

What email address are you using to contact them, have you tried using there helpdesk?
      0 Not allowed!

FDC is a well established company I am sure they will make it right.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test
      0 Not allowed!

[email protected]

They don't have a phone number listed.

I've emailed them from 3 different emails too, just to make sure they got it. I've resent my email a dozen times. I just emailed them a link to this thread.

This is such BS. I'm pushing over 150mbps with another provider and was considering FDCservers's gigabit server for future expansion. Not now.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

I'm sure there is more to this story so I'll wait until I see the other side...
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jonesy
    [email protected]

They don't have a phone number listed.

I've emailed them from 3 different emails too, just to make sure they got it. I've resent my email a dozen times. I just emailed them a link to this thread.

This is such BS. I'm pushing over 150mbps with another provider and was considering FDCservers's gigabit server for future expansion. Not now.
    Something doesnt sound right here...

First you say you cancelled service then you say you were considering their gigabit server.

If you were a customer you should know to cancel your service with FDC that you should email [email protected]

I just had them ship my server home and have not had any problems with duplication charges :crosses my fingers:

I dunno.... not sure whats going on here, exactly....
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Does FDC have an account here at WHT? I'd love to hear the second side of this story too.
      0 Not allowed!

Petr has account here.
      0 Not allowed!

With your choice of words I would doubt that FDC responds because you sound like a baby, I know I would not respond.

Good luck at you next host, you sound like a real pleasure to work with.
      0 Not allowed!

Squeeky wWheel Always Get's the Grease

I just emailed them a link to this thread.

How much money are you claiming in damages?

Personally, I would like them to find any loophole in your TOS/AUP to nail you to the cross and charge you more.

This great Forums is not the place to get attention. Call Stone Phillips.

I'm not interested in seeing FDC reply. They are a good company, and don't deserve public blackmail; use proper support or legal channels to settle your dispute.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried contacting FDC before posting here? You should always resolve this with your provider prior to complaining your problems here.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't suppose you were paying with paypal? I think I know exactly what happened here.

Odds are you probably cancelled your paypal subscription sometime during a two week period about two months ago in which paypal had to restore some data from old backups due to corruption. As such, your subscription termination was rolled back and infact was still active.

What I don't understand is how you can be billed for two months without noticing, paypal emails you right away.

Awknet - DDoS Mitigation, Upstream ACLs/Filtering, Unmanaged Dedicated Servers, BGP IP Transit & More!
      0 Not allowed!

I've been trying to contact FDCservers for weeks now. I've emailed [email protected] repeatedly. This is my last option.

On 5/16 I emailed them to cancel service. A month later I went into paypal and $149 posted later in the day on 5/16 and also on 6/15.

I emailed them again and said that I was billed for 2 months in a row and that I had already requested to cancel my service. This is the email trail.

They refunded me for 1 month, but not both. Clearly they said they would process the refund. They said the server was disconnected on 6/17 in a later email, but I have an email I sent to them requested it be disconnected on 5/16.

Bottom line is that I removed all content, uninstalled all software, and powered the server down and emailed them to cancel service and was not refunded what I was promised.

I cancelled because I was pushing far more than the 15 Mbps they allow you to sustain but not enough to warrant the gigabit server. I'm in a position now that I need and can afford that server but won't consider it since they haven't responded to any emails in 3 weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

we`ll process the refund once the subscription is canceled

regards

FDCServers
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: 'SALES - FDCservers.net'
    Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:29 PM
    Subject: RE: cancellation of service

I’ll get in there and do that. I thought emailing you guys would fix it.

Are you working on processing a refund for 2 months?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:34 AM
    To:
    Subject: Re: cancellation of service

Hello,

you need to cancel your paypal subscription in your paypal account otherwise paypal will automaticaly debit your account every month

regards

FDCServers
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Squeeky wWheel Always Get's the Grease

Originally posted by PSFServers
    How much money are you claiming in damages?

Personally, I would like them to find any loophole in your TOS/AUP to nail you to the cross and charge you more.

This great Forums is not the place to get attention. Call Stone Phillips.

I'm not interested in seeing FDC reply. They are a good company, and don't deserve public blackmail; use proper support or legal channels to settle your dispute.
    *agrees*

I've been with FDC Servers for over a year, and they are GREAT!!! I highly recommend them for general-server usage!
      0 Not allowed!

I think its funny how this person goes mental screaming fraud alert etc... If he over reacts like this then I am sure he shouldn’t be in charge of a server. If you run a business then you will understand that something’s go wrong and when using your credit card online that sometimes things don’t get cancelled etc straight away and if you contact them and wait for them reply then things will sort themselves out.
    If you haven’t worked out that hosting company rely on reputation alone, if every web hosting company had such a bad rep of ripping people off etc then they would never get any clients. So please calm down and wait for things to calm down.
    FDC are a very good company I have dealt with them several times and I have never seen any fraudulent activity or anything suspicious so I cannot see why they decided that they suddenly needed to rip off one customer.
    Please remember that I have had servers from FDC and I cannot see them doing anything silly like that.
      0 Not allowed!

I doubt FDC is intentionally trying to rip you off, I'm also sure they don't appreciate you spamming their sales department with non-sales issues.

As others have suggested try using the proper contacts, [email protected], help desk, their forums, etc.

WHT is not the place to communicate with your host about billing issues. It is however the place to report your experience. The OP made a valid compliant (although overstated as fraud) but it doesn't look like he's trying to use this a s public helpdesk as some others would complain
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

you need to cancel your paypal subscription in your paypal account otherwise paypal will automaticaly debit your account every month

regards

FDCServers
    Did you cancel your subscription yet, if not login to your account and search for the subscription noted 'Active'
      0 Not allowed!

So what options do I really have here? They haven't responded to emails in 3 weeks and have no phone numbers listed. What am I supposed to do? Their terms of service sales to cancel service by emailing [email protected], not billing, btw.

I'm sorry I'm wasting everyone's time with this. I'm wasting too much of my own time emailing them repeatedly.

Admin: go ahead and delete the thread.
      0 Not allowed!

This is the number off whois,

Chicago, IL, US
    Tel: 3129139304
    Fax: 3129139200
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Duport
    This is the number off whois,

Chicago, IL, US
    Tel: 3129139304
    Fax: 3129139200
    I decided to call these numbers and tell FDC that our dear friend, Jonsey needed some priority support.

Both numbers ring and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring, and ring.

Oh, man, I sure I hope I have WHT points to spare for this stunt .
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

Ha nice one PSFServers if the community liasons have any heart they will let you away with that one, althought it was a poor one it made me chuckle
      0 Not allowed!

lol PSF you just got back not too long ago, don't ruin it again.

back on topic

When I was with FDC I was happy and when I cancelled everything went smooth. Don't scream fraud in a topic when it seems like you haven't even done your due homework.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com
      0 Not allowed!

Admin: go ahead and delete the thread.
    Well we won't delete it, but we can close it for you
      0 Not allowed!