I’ve been with this company since March 2004. I can honestly say that my experience with them has been great. In order to fully share my experience I’ll enumerate the points I want to emphasize and any issues I’ve had with them.
1. 24/7 Support – Abso-freaking-lutely! It says so on their website. I’ve never had a situation where I’ve needed support and they haven’t been there. Most of the time issues are solved through a help ticket system which brings me to my send point.
2. Help Tickets – They say they respond in about two hours; TRUE! Even if the response is: “We’re looking into it” (I’m not quoting them, they use very professional ways of writing). What I like about that is that maybe I have an issue and maybe they don’t have a proper accurate response for me right then and there, but they at least acknowledge that I’m requesting support. I never have to send another request for support for I know that as soon as they have an answer for me they’ll post it on the ticket.
3. Only 1 bad experience all year - Well, actually, it wasn’t even my direct experience; it was a friend of mine whom I helped. He had some issues with his account and not being a tech guru or fully bilingual (Spanish English), needless to say – the guy needed assistance. When I called Thrill Host and tried to explain the situation to the tech support guy he didn’t quite understand me. After I explained again he simply replied in a VERY rude matter: “I don’t understand what you want me to do”. I was so surprised by this remark I responded very quickly what I “wanted” him to do. Now thinking back I should’ve just said: “I want you to fix your screw-up”. It was hard because I was the middleperson between the company and my friend. I have to confess something though, I don’t hold this little so-so experience against Thrill Host because, having worked tech support for an ISP myself, I know that we can sometimes become (or seem to become) rude and/or dismissive. The important thing, and THAT’S WHAT MATTERS, was that the issue was solved. Again, point 3 takes me to point 4.
4. Phone Support – ALL THE TIME! It’s A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Big, big thumbs up!
5. Welcome to the ThrillHost support center – and that’s exactly what it is:
a. Self-Help Tools
b. Support Ticket System
c. Community Forums (which includes the occasional give-away for customers)
6. cPanel – Best Control Panel – ever. It even has ‘Fantastico’! For those not familiar with Fantastico I’ll explain: Fantastico is used to automatically install (and create DBs for) commonly used scripts. For example, if I was to install PHPNuke I’d have to create the database, configure the access on the script, and upload the script – al that jazz, right? Well, with Fantastico I just click-click, enter admin information (user & password, etc.) click FINISH and PRESTO, installation complete!
7. Prices – Thrill Host isn’t the cheapest hosting provider out there. This doesn’t mean they’re expensive! They’re just average, on the lower edge of ‘average price’. Hey, those 24/7 tech support guys have families to care for! Jeje
8. Variety of plans and services – hosting, reseller or dedicated servers, even domain names, are just part of the product line-up.
I can rant on and on about other stuff but I’ve pretty much covered the essentials. I hope this helps.
If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then...Why worry about it?
Nice to see you found a nice host though, Haitashi.
I wish you the best of luck, especially if you have to close your account. If you ever have to close your account, may as well cancel your credit card too, because they won't leave it be if you just tell them to cancel and don't follow up.