recommend a mail host please

I'm looking for a professional mail hosting co. I need to host mail only for a domain...maybe 50-100 mailboxes. POP3/webmail + high availability+enough storage per mailbox to allow executive types to go around attaching docs/powerpoints/jpgs ad infinitum and storing it all on the server for a couple years.... you know, normal corporate mail behavior. I would imagine they would require no less than 5-10Gb storage.

Any suggestions?

Hello guy mann,

I was wondering, what would be the difference between a normal host and a mail host? Are you looking only for dedicated-mail hosts?

Additionally, what is your monthly budget like?

Best of luck in your search.

there are a lot of companies that do enterprise/corporate mail hosting...i've just never shopped for one before and have no idea who the good guys are. Definately want to find somebody that has been doing it for a while and will be around for the next few years at least.

i don't have a set budget yet... just starting research.

Well, in the past, I've had some experience using Everyone.net as a corporate mail host.

They've appeared to be really reliable in terms of service and support.

there are a lot of companies that do enterprise/corporate mail hosting...i've just never shopped for one before and have no idea who the good guys are. Definately want to find somebody that has been doing it for a while and will be around for the next few years at least.

i don't have a set budget yet... just starting research.
    I would suggest going about this by compiling a list of hosting providers and inquiring to the ones you would be most interested in and see what type of responses you get from sales and also ask for a custom quote to see what type of ball park estimates you will get (note that you will find many "budget" hosts plus alot of higher end ones so quotes will probably vary a bit).

Just some ideas to get you going guy mann.

-Justin

do you try myhosting.com ? i recommend it
    HOSTLIST.info Compare thousands of web hosting plans and companies

Godaddy has pretty affordable e-mail hosting.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

Oh man it took forever to remember this-
    http://fusemail.com
    They have awesome mail hosting and support.
    Their main feature is grabbing mail from services such as hotmail and yahoo, but they also have excellent email hosting with multiple accounts.

edit- Ooh, they're awfully expensive now, it's been a while...
    They still have great service, but you may be better off with a normal host such as site5 or one of the others mentioned.

guy mann,

Still no budget in mind? Are you looking for exchange services or just basic *nix mail?

Just remember to do your research: Mail is definitely the most important feature out there.

I would recommend using everyone.net,

Greetings:

With that much storage, their budget will matter a lot.

We host a large number of small to medium businesses and colleges.

They do a lot with email; but even those that use IMAP and store their messages typically don't have more than 250 MB on the server at any one time.

Five to ten GB probably means they need an archiving service. That can run into money.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

There are differences between regular & mail hosts. For example, some hosts restrict the number of outgoing emails you can send within the hour, mail hosts usually don't restrict that.

- Tomer
    Christmas time is among us, get your loved ones Designer Fragrances

Some website hosts do the mail hosting as well but do not market themselves as such.

You can find a service devoted to strickly mailing. This however may run the risk of having a lot of blocked servers for spam. Although , this is a problem with many hosts regardless of mass mailers.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Email hosting is quite a bit different than web hosting requiring a different skill set and infrastructure. You will also find that most dedicated email providers have and enforce an strong AUP. A business handling email can't afford to have a spam label attached ti them.

Emailaddresses.com is a good place to start looking for an email provider.