Question Decent mysql hosting needed!

Hi, over the past 3 years I have had various hosting accounts, mainly only using static html and css on my sites.
    However over the past year I have moved like many to the forum revolution so requiring the mysql database side.

Problem I have had mainly in this period is ultra slow and can not connect to database problems (quite often) with the host I have been with to date, although the standard html pages have had a great service.

Both of my sites cage-n-aviary.info and british-birds-in-aviculture.info are free information services and rely on donations and my pocket to survive so can not afford such as dedicated servers but probably around the £10 per month area.

I only require around 300mb storage and a min of say 40gig monthly transfer which is not a real problem, however I wondered if any members had any experience with a good reliable host that will host at least 2 domain names, and at least 5 mysql databases available that are not going to run like a 49cc scooter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nie web site Are you looking for UK based host or it does not matter where are you going to host the web site? I think also that you can find a hosting plan cheaper than J10 per month.

Best Regards
    Dimitar
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Hi Dimitar, to be honest I have found the US based hosting tend to offer far more than UK based so would favour US.

£10 per month is just a rough guide.

Hi,

Your budget seems pretty reasonable and I'd recommend you to do a search first on WHT and see if anything interest you comes up, then you can do a search on WHT of the host you're interested in and see if any good reviews such etc...

Good luck.

Originally posted by fcolor
    Nie web site Are you looking for UK based host or it does not matter where are you going to host the web site? I think also that you can find a hosting plan cheaper than J10 per month.

Best Regards
    Dimitar
    I believe his budget is £10 but he didnt specify US or UK so I would guess either is fine for him.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Take a look at the offers, and you can see Site5 or JodoHost, they have plans that fits your needs.

Regards
    Portugal Networks
    Shared and Reseller cPanel Accounts. NEW! Windows 2003 with Plesk, ASP.NET 2.0 and MSSQL 2005.

Hi folks, I will keep looking through reviews on here.

You hosters on here must be good as you are all in direct contact with people who use your services and that is great to see.

I can also recommend Site5, from my own experience. Also Micfo, they give you 10 MySQL databases with their basic plan. Fast servers in my experience, even from Europe.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I recommend addaction.net . Been with them for 2 and a half years now and they are solid. Support tickets are always answered fast, usually within hours, and they take the time to help you. They have fairly decent plans for cheap.

I would recommend devotedhost.biz they give unlimited mysql databases with most accounts and in the months i've been with them I have never had a problem with any connections to the mysql server.

I've also had great uptime and their support is very good. Tony Baird has always been extremely helpful and polite whenever I've had questions. Their prices are very reasonable also.

I'm YAs5U (Yet Another site5 User) and can vouch for site5.
    Pretty much everything I use on my site requires mysql, so if there were any problems as far as that goes, I would definately not be recommending them to everyone I see.

KARL-D,

Decent budget: You should have absolutely no issue finding a great host for that price per month.

Find one that allows multiple addon domains (I know I know, don't keep all your eggs in one basket but if you find a great basket: why not!) and that way you can keep them both under the same account for ease of use.

Keep hunting there are tons out there.
    Just remember to research them here before making your final decision: afterall you don't need any additional downtime.

Originally posted by troubled1
    I would recommend devotedhost.biz they give unlimited mysql databases with most accounts and in the months i've been with them I have never had a problem with any connections to the mysql server.

I've also had great uptime and their support is very good. Tony Baird has always been extremely helpful and polite whenever I've had questions. Their prices are very reasonable also.
    Thanks for the recommendation always nice to see a happy customer Also welcome to WHT noticed you've been posting a bit
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Those requirements should be easily met with most relaible hosts.

I understand that databases can be a drain on server resources.

Perhaps contact support prior to signing up with a host and ask if they would be able to handle it. Definitely go with a company that has the 30 day money back guarantee if you are unsure.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

dreamhost is a great host provider.
    check them out

maybe lowend dedicated provider as well?
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.