Thread: Worst Week Ever

Worst Week Ever

So I find out last week that the guy working on my car was driving around in it...as if that was not bad enough he got in an accident causing around $2,500 in damage to the car..

Now last night right before im about to go to bed I get up, my chair was caught on my desk and when I moved it flicked the desk knocking a can of pop all over my near brand new Toshiba laptop, which will now not start..took it apart, cleaned it out, checked the wires, starts then shuts off...

</rant>

Ever feel like your having one of those weeks?

Hopefully staples can fix this since it is under warranty..

Yep we all get it sometimes...just brush it off as if it was no biggie and look forward to the next week
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Sheesh, you should take that dude to court about your car. And about your labtop, i would just leave it try overnight and see what happens.

Originally posted by Sting13
    Sheesh, you should take that dude to court about your car.
    Enough said. What kind of car?
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Originally posted by Sting13
    Sheesh, you should take that dude to court about your car. And about your labtop, i would just leave it try overnight and see what happens.
    I am going to do that, trying to get the money to fix it for now though since the court process can take a while...

The laptop is totally dried out, im baffled as to why they dont have better protection in these things incase something like this does happen..

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    Enough said. What kind of car?
    2003 Honda Civic, just had the interior redone and a body kit/paint job done as well.

Re: Worst Week Ever

Originally posted by adam

Hopefully staples can fix this since it is under warranty..
    I wouldn't have thought the warranty covered pouring a can of Coke over it...

Home contents accidental damage insurance perhaps?
    Fast2host Ltd. Affordable, Fast and Reliable UK Hosting.
    Shared, Multidomain and Reseller Windows & Linux Hosting.
    VPS and Dedicated UK Servers.

Re: Re: Worst Week Ever

Originally posted by Steve_F2H
    I wouldn't have thought the warranty covered pouring a can of Coke over it...

Home contents accidental damage insurance perhaps?
    That is why I cleaned it out And also why im glad the guy that works at Staples is a friend of my sisters, hopefully I can get some sort of deal worked out..

Good luck, we all have those weekends once in awhile.

1. Never go to those cheap repair shops. You get what you pay for.

2. a) Never put any drink (unless with closed lid) near your computer. Place your beer, pop or water at least a feet away; and b) Always buy or use a desk that is heavy enough in itself and would NOT flick.

MOST accidents are avoidable. Some people are more accident-prone simply because they don't think carefully before acting.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Yikes, sorry about the weekend adam.

If it helps any, I've worked on and seen computers that had liquids spilt onto them before. Sometimes leaving the equipment off for a few days -- to allow it to fully dry -- magically makes it work again. If the warranty deal falls through you can hold out hope for that.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

wow.. sure is **** happens and it pours sometimes... hope everything works out fine...

Re: Re: Re: Worst Week Ever

That is why I cleaned it out And also why im glad the guy that works at Staples is a friend of my sisters, hopefully I can get some sort of deal worked out..
    Thats not really a nice thing to do

Re: Re: Re: Re: Worst Week Ever

Originally posted by Hostex Australia
    Thats not really a nice thing to do
    When a company like Toshiba and Staples make millions upon millions im sure that them fixing this under a warranty I paid extra for isn't too bad...can't tell anything spilled on it at all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Worst Week Ever

When a company like Toshiba and Staples make millions upon millions im sure that them fixing this under a warranty I paid extra for isn't too bad...can't tell anything spilled on it at all.
    Still not nice

Boy thats a real pity.

Oh by the way, are you ever going to send me the rest of my money that you took and never sent the parts you sold me over 6 months ago. I didn't think so.

I enjoyed reading this. There truly is justice in the world. As they say what goes around is finally coming all back to you and couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Take care.