Creating Resellers in WHM

I am the root of a server.

In order to create resellers, I will have to create a normal hosting account for a user (let's name his account reseller_a, with domain name superreseller.com). Then, I will go to Reseller Center in WHM and add reseller privileges to reseller_a. I will let's say assign 5GB of space to him.

Now, when reseller_a setup his OWN website on superreseller.com, the space he use is taken from his 5GB reseller space allocation or from my available space?

If it is taken from my available space, is it possible to set it to take from his allocated 5GB space?

Any advice is much appreciated.

When when reseller_a creates his OWN website on superreseller.com,
    or any account under his reseller previlages, you will notice that that account has the reseller ownership of reseller_a.

Hence, the sapce for superreseller.com or any account under his reseller ownership will be calculated from the 5GB space that you had allocated to that reseller.

You can view the reseller ownership of a particular account when you do list accounts in your root whm. The user mentioned under "Reseller" on the extreme right column is the reseller owner of that account. If the user is mentioned as root, then that means the account is under your root ownership. Normal shared hosting accounts are under the root ownership.

Thanks ThinkSupport.

I do list accounts in my root whm, and indeed the superreseller.com is under reseller_a. I think that clarifies.

Another thing, how would reseller_a be able to check how much total space/bandwidth he is allocated? (In this case, it would be 5GB disk space). Is there a page listing the total allocated to his reseller account in WHM?

Check out cpanel, as said above.

Originally posted by BetterLife
    . . .how would reseller_a be able to check how much total space/bandwidth he is allocated? (In this case, it would be 5GB disk space). Is there a page listing the total allocated to his reseller account in WHM?
    Whenever they 'Create a New Account', there are boxes that show 'Account Resource Limits' at the bottom.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Ok, got that "Account Resource Limits"

Now, for the reseller domain superreseller.com, I have actually set 2 nameservers, ns1.superreseller.com and ns2.superreseller.com. Then, I assign dedicated IP for each of the nameservers, and clicked on "Add an A entry for this nameserver", and got the success message (something like that, can't recall what the exact message was).

Then, on the superreseller.com domain, have already set the primary ns to ns1.superreseller.com and secondary ns to ns2.superreseller.com. Waited for some 12 hours. The new nameservers showed up in whois.

However, when I ping superreseller.com, how come it still resolves to my main server IP, instead of ns1.superreseller.com IP?

If you have overselling enabled, you have nothing to worry about

LMC Luke, why is that so?

My problem is why superreseller.com doesn't resolve to the dedicated IP I assign, but instead resolve to the server's main IP?

Originally posted by BetterLife
    LMC Luke, why is that so?

My problem is why superreseller.com doesn't resolve to the dedicated IP I assign, but instead resolve to the server's main IP?
    Have you actually changed the IP of the account to the new IP ?

Doing this should make the domain resolve to the new IP in a few hours (because of caching)

Oh, ya! How could I missed the IP of the domain in the WHM? I now have changed superreseller.com's IP in WHM (list accounts) and let's wait for a few hours and see what happens.

So, what will happen IF I only changed the IP in list accounts, but didn't change the nameservers' IP? Just curious.

I guess the scenario is that you wish to assign a dedicated IP for the main reseller domain superreseller.com ...

If so then you simply need to change the IP for the domain superreseller.com in your whm from "Change Site's IP Address" found under "Account Functions".

Alternatively you can change it from whm - list accounts.

Now if you wish to have private nameservers for the reseller, you have two options.
    1) Enable "Allow Sharing Nameserver Ips" found under Tweak Settings in your WHM -- so that you could use the same IP's for your reseller's private nameservers as that for your main nameservers on the same server.

After doing this, you simply need to add A record for your clients nameservers with your original nameservers IP addresses. Simultaneously the changes need to be made at domain registrar end.

2) Assign two dedicated IP addresses to your clients nameservers. Simultaneously the changes need to be made at domain registrar end.

Many thanks ThinkSupport.