$35 logo contest (paypal)

Looking for a logo for CanuckPoker.com a portal for news, forums etc. It may in fact be taking over an existing canadian poker site with over 1400 members.

I don't have a color scheme or anything like that in mind yet...just let the name be your starting block.

I will pick the winning submission within 72 hours of this posting and send the funds to the winner.

you can either pm me your submissions or post a link here. I am quite busy and may not reply to pms unless I am interested in your submission.

cheers.
      0 Not allowed!

Will the logo be used on any products you sell? If it is, you might want to offer a Royalty or pay alot more than that.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Musoka
    Will the logo be used on any products you sell? If it is, you might want to offer a Royalty or pay alot more than that.
    Can i ask what compelled you to post this?
      0 Not allowed!

kanadian
    hah, one several contests of this sort here I'll try this one too...
      0 Not allowed!

good luck with contest
      0 Not allowed!

i'll be competing..is there a chance to close this contest earlier though? like when you see a good design. you get it and close the contest immediately..
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

kanadian
    I've sent u mine via pm
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

hey! good one sandrodz. good luck with the contest and may the best man win.
      0 Not allowed!

DarkSuiyoken
    thanks... I must admit that ur's is great too! good luck to both of use sure lets the best win )))
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kanadian
    Can i ask what compelled you to post this?
    Whenever I design any branding/logos I make sure that a company lets me know if it'll be used on products and such for mass production(like if your site sold decks of cards and put logo on cover). Me, as a designer, want to know if I'm getting paid Royalty, so I dont get cheated.
      0 Not allowed!

Musoka
    he clearly stated that it will be used on a portal or in the forum... so....
      0 Not allowed!

good luck with the contest
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

hmm any word from the contest starteR?
      0 Not allowed!

So far, I'm afraid none of the designs grab me. I'm a tad upset with some WHT members as well...I clearly stated it would be 72 hours...it's only been 24 and I've already had someone who didn't even make a submission email my personal address to tell me they think i should decide now and close the contest, and another saying "hrrrmmm any word"

give me a break. I've got a funeral to attend this weekend which is why i said 72 hours. Get off my back, close the contest if you want, I won't be picking any designs from here.
      0 Not allowed!

well it is only logical that we ask for any reply from you since you didn't reply at all since you started the post. who knows if you will never reply again?

now you wasted so many people's times doing the logo and in the end decided to find some excuse to close it? i think some admin or moderator shd say a word in fairness..

i certainly do not think i broke any rules.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by DarkSuiyoken
    well it is only logical that we ask for any reply from you since you didn't reply at all since you started the post. who knows if you will never reply again?

now you wasted so many people's times doing the logo and in the end decided to find some excuse to close it? i think some admin or moderator shd say a word in fairness..

i certainly do not think i broke any rules.

give me a freakin' break. I said 72 hours, at least give me that before throwing stones!!!

Find an excuse to close it? you're a joke dude. search my posts, I've hired MANY wht members in the past..I do NOT waste peoples time. You're a moron. READ MY 1st post again and again and again until it sinks in.

Sure, find a mod.
      0 Not allowed!

i didn't throw anything at all i was asking if you were reading and looking at our submissions. if you don't like something you can just give comments. that is how contests are usually run. i wont personally attack you like you did by calling me a moron or whatever because it's really childish and unprofessional.

so let's wait for a mod to clear this up. and you know wat? my post wasn't even malicious. i was just asking if you were around. and you chose to react in such a defensive way. so i take it as an excuse that you close the contest this way.

hmm i dare say i have worked for more ppl than you have hired and they have had no problems with what i do as well.
      0 Not allowed!

kanadian
    sorry, it was me to email u... I didn't make any submission? I think u are wrong, I made a logo for you and I tried hard on that... http://sandro-dz.com/pok.jpg I just emailed u to make sure that u are still interested, I don't know u so I have my right to be uncertain in your truthfullness... anyways sorry if I disturbed you in any way.

Hope everything gets settled soon, and I think your words about DarkSuiyoken are unfair and rude.
      0 Not allowed!

and yeah, if you look on other contests you'll find that ones who run contest usually give comments... they say what they like or what they don't like and that way designer makes his mind on what to do, what client likes... in this case, your post was too general to make any concrete logo, or to come up with something original... u barely told what was the site about... so I think that the fact that u didn't like any of our submissions ain't our fault... it's all due to lack of info about u, u'
    r character and what u like!

don't take this bad, I didn't intend to critisize u, that's just my ideas about this contest.

regards sandro.

my submission:
    http://sandro-dz.com/pok.jpg
    ---

I'm out of here... bye, see ya in 72 hours
      0 Not allowed!

Here's my submission (assuming the contest is still open).

http://www.brinkdesign.biz/samples/canuckpoker2-wm.jpg

Just my two cents, but I don't think Kanadian is in the wrong. He clearly stated that he would announce the winner in 72 hours. I don't see anywhere in the rules where it says that a person who starts a contest has to give a daily status. Sure, that's what people would prefer since they're anxious to find out if their design won and/or if they will get paid. But he had to go to a funeral, for crying out loud! Give the guy a break.
    High quality web and graphic design. Very affordable prices.
    BrinkDesign
    www.brinkdesign.biz
      0 Not allowed!

well i dont know if you typed that to try to win or something. but what i'm saying is i didn't DEMAND him to be around. i only ASKED. there is a difference.
      0 Not allowed!

sorry if I was considered rude, but I think Dark was/is entirely out of line but what do I know.

If you don't like the outline of a contest (ie possibly not replying to people, and taking 72 hours) then my advice would be to stay away from the thread.

"well i dont know if you typed that to try to win or something. but what i'm saying is i didn't DEMAND him to be around. i only ASKED"

perhaps that is true, but it also came off as very condescending and I think you know that.

Let's just let sleeping dogs lie and agree to disagree and keep our distance DarkS. I will still take submissions from those interested if any. I will simply not have time to view/compare decide until Monday
      0 Not allowed!

I think everything is settled now, and we can continue with the contest and stop off topic

kanadian
    but before monday, can u give us little hints? or comments? so we can improve something? if you don't have time that's ok... but a few word comments on each submission will be ok I think.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

I made another version http://sandro-dz.com/pok2.jpg
    this one with the background...
      0 Not allowed!

i'm withdrawing from the contest. i have no interest to work for a person like him.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kanadian
    close the contest if you want, I won't be picking any designs from here.
    As you wish. I am not sure wht you feel the need to attack the members who took their time to submit entries when all they had to go on was a site name. No colour scheme was given, so they they were working blind basically.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!