Online Site Builders - Not impressed.

I have been looking through as many online site builders as I could find yet none of them have impressed me.

Does anyone have some suggestions for site builders that are even slightly impressive?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

One I was very happy with for its cost was www.sitemagix.com
    Kevin

Only one I found that I was quite impressed with is http://www.dragdropsitecreator.com I haven't tested it a great deal yet, but it has huge potential.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I find SiteStudio to be quite decent.
    David

I hate online web builders, you can only get a limited amount of templates.

Best thing to do is to get dreamweaver on log onto monstertemple

Have you played with SiteBuilder from Sw-Soft? I just took the plunge and grabbed a license from them.

Difficult install and little docs, but from and end-user standpoint my beta group has liked it so far.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I have tried only SiteMaker a couple years ago. It was easy and simple but nothing more than that. I suppose that it is improved and better now. www.moonfruit.com
    Last edited by Fulk; 08-04-2005 at 07:55 AM.

Originally posted by Lubby
    Only one I found that I was quite impressed with is http://www.dragdropsitecreator.com I haven't tested it a great deal yet, but it has huge potential.
    They offer a good product but I guess they have become a victim of their own success because they just raised the price from $99.00 for 99 users to $299.00 for 30 users or $3449.00 for a unlimited version per server. When I asked them why they said they had so much success at hostingcon they decided to raise the prices.

That is as high as trellix and it is about the best builder on the market.

Another option to consider is http://pagedevil.net

SiteStudio would be good if their support was not slow.

Originally posted by Techark
    [B]They offer a good product but I guess they have become a victim of their own success because they just raised the price from $99.00 for 99 users to $299.00 for 30 users or $3449.00 for a unlimited version per server.
    Ouch! Thats quite an increase.

SiteStudio seems to be the user-friendly choice. But the install, and support is a little lacking.
    SimplyReseller |-| Reseller / Multi-Domain Hosting Services
    • CPanel |-| Multiple Domains |-| WebHost Manager
    • Free SSL Certificate and ClientExec with EVERY plan!
    • True 24/7 Support |-| Open Discussion Forums

Sitestudio is a straight jacket. Your customers won't be able to do much with it . Its for a basic site and I don't see anyway of adding even the simplest of things (like a banner) to it. Customers are bored with that kind of site. It worked in the infancy of the internet to have just text and images but it doesn't now

This isn't an online sitebuilder, but I use CoolPage. It's thirty freakin bucks << commercial details snipped >>

You don't get templates, but can create your own site from the ground up using their pictures and animations...or your own. I'm happy with it and find that most people don't like flashy animated sites, so it works out.
    Last edited by writespeak; 08-17-2005 at 02:02 AM.

I personally don't like site builders

We used in the past Online Site Creator from Akmin Technologies it works very good but is expensive.

We took it off but now i guess it'll come back after we set up a new server with ColdFusion.

They also have Site Galore which is in my opinion the best web site builder out there. If you have good budget i think that is the best option.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Just curious how many customers really WANT a sitebuilder? We have not ever had anyone ask about one. I'm not sure it would be worth investing in.

That depends of your business model. If your business promotes fast, easy to use and cheap web sites i'm sure you'll do good. There are a lot of successful companies offering web builders.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Hi WBPRO,

I agree with you for sitegalore.com. It's a very good site design tool.
    There is a very good news for you. Sitegaloreplus.com offers now 10 website package for $20/month only.

Cheers...

Originally posted by Techark
    They offer a good product but I guess they have become a victim of their own success because they just raised the price from $99.00 for 99 users to $299.00 for 30 users or $3449.00 for a unlimited version per server. When I asked them why they said they had so much success at hostingcon they decided to raise the prices.

That is as high as trellix and it is about the best builder on the market.

Another option to consider is http://pagedevil.net
    Drag and Drop was very impressive at $99 for 99 users. When compared to Trellix though.. it isn't even in the same league.

I'm disappointed really. The crew at Drag and Drop seemed to have a good product at a great price but, we'll never get to see it used as widely as it could have been due to this price hike.

I wish them luck though even though I can never be a customer.

VolkNet,

I have seen that the site developed by few of online site builders that look just like many of others and are expensive too.

I would suggest you should take freelancers bid on your project as it enables you to work within your budget and hopefully it can match with your satisfaction.