Thread: Transfer domain

Transfer domain

I'm currently trying to transfer my domain from my old host (lowbudgethost) to a new one. The problem is that lowbudgethost does not answer my mails and has shut down my account. I need the EPP authorization key from them but they simply won't answer.
    Anyone knowing what I could do? Please help as I lose money every day my site is offline.

New York City
    Sorry to hear about this, Have you tried contacting them via AIM & Yahoo? Maybe they have lost the message somewhere, try contacting them multiple times. Hopefully you'll get your domain transferred, good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Ontario, Canada
    Have you tried to see if they are a domain reseller for a larger company? If so they might be able to help you. We can help you check into this if you let us know the domain.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I have sent them two emails and two trouble ticket via the support tool during the past three days. Nothing yet.
    Seems that I'm not allowed to post URLs yet since I'm a new user. Can I PM it?

what is your domain name
    look it up in the whois database
    it should list who the ultimate registrant is (i.e tucows) contact them and explain it.
    Stuff like this happens all the time

my domain is lituus org.

Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc.

you need to contact eNom they should be able to help

England, UK
    Domain ID103970779-LROR
    Domain Name:LITUUS.ORG
    Created On:12-Feb-2004 22:57:18 UTC
    Last Updated On:11-Jan-2005 12:08:07 UTC
    Expiration Date:12-Feb-2006 22:57:18 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
    Registrant ID:A74379EF87F668F0
    Registrant Name:Michele Klau
    Registrant Organization:LITUUS ART

Tech Phone Ext.:
    Tech FAX:
    Tech FAX Ext.:
    Tech Email:[email protected]

Okay, I'll contact eNom. Thanks for the help.

Well, I contacted eNom and they told me I have to sort it out with lowbudgethost. I guess I'm SOL since they still refuse to answer any emails.
    This really sucks as it took me a long time to get my website into the specialized directory and build up a customer base.

I suggest that everybody should keep his/her web hosting provider and his/her domain registrar seperated.
    If you use always one unique domain registrar and you manage your domains in one place, you can change your host anytime by changing the name servers of your domain(s).
    I recommend you to choose a domain registrar today and tell them (your domain registar) to transfer your domain name from your former host. If your domain was free, it may not be possible to transfer, I wish you luck.
    Business Hosting Pro
    We Host Your Profits

Yeah right, I'm gonna keep them because of their brilliant customer service. Don't mind them shutting down my account without warning, changing my password and no reply to mails.
    Anyway, still no emails and it's nearly a week now.
    I pretty much have given up and will probably get a new domain. I hope I can regain my customer base in some time...

United States of America
    cant you just login and change your DNS servers? or contact enom and have them contact this host?
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

No, I can't login as lowbudgethost has shut down my account.
    I have contacted eNom and they said they can't do anything as they only sold the domain to lowbudgethost and they have all data.

Hey I see you've been having problems with your site. I wish I could fix it for you but I'm stupid when it comes to computers. I just had a question about a product I heard you sell. I've been trying to find a way to contact you and this is the only way I found out how. I heard you carry the Hogwarts school Skirts. Can you please contact me at [email protected] Thank you so much.

Admin ID:A74379EF87F668F0
    Admin Name:Michele Klau
    Admin Organization:LITUUS ART
    Admin Street1:C/o Johnston
    Admin Street2:
    Admin Street3:
    Admin Cityeattle
    Admin State/Province:WA
    Admin Postal Code:98101
    Admin Country:US
    Admin Phone:+1.2066241225
    Admin Phone Ext.:
    Admin FAX:
    Admin FAX Ext.:
    Admin Email:[email protected]

If these details are yours you should beable to contact eNom Directly.
    System Administrator

Yes, I have contacted eNom. They first said I need to sort it out with lowbudgethost but I got a transfer key from eNom by now.
    Thanks to anyone who helped!

Northern Europe.
    Good to hear a happy end!
    Lesson: never allow a hosting company to have control over your domain name
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

England, UK
    Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    Good to hear a happy end!
    Lesson: never allow a hosting company to have control over your domain name
    Thats why I don't sell domains, just hosting.