Current Reseller Plans

I would like to know who uses reseller services, what you are getting (disk space, network transfer) and how much you pay a month?

I am curious because I have a Reseller plan, with a company which i chose not to name, paying almost $50 a month for 1.5 gb of space and 20gb of transfer.

For what I am paying, I can't sell hosting space at a resonable price without me paying more $.

I just wrote my company an email about how I am not appreciative of the amount of space/transfer i get monthly for how much I pay, and would like something done about it. I also showed them a few other competitor sites, what they are offering for a lot less.

Does anyone go through the same ordeal?

Hi,

Some hosts are much more expensive but they most likely do provide a higher level of support such as helping you customizing settings and would go the extra mile since you're paying much more money, cheaper hosts tend to be less supportive but there are still few budget hosts out there that provide good services and support

Good luck.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Yeah,
    I do have to say that my host does everything it can whenever i need it, I think I do deserve some more space and transfer, doesn't cost them much more - and they will keep a $50 a month customer.

Hello,

I think shopping based solely on price is a bad idea. Hosting is a lot more than just disk space and bandwidth. Just because host x will sell you more resources for less than host z doesn’t mean that host x is better. In my opinion, to make a valid comparison of hosts, you need to take a look at the bigger picture and compare all aspects of each potential host. Make sure you are doing a true “apples” to “apples” comparison. Many different things can determine why hosts have different prices, and all of those different factors can have different effects on the quality of services offered. To blindly make a choice based solely on price will ultimately have a negative impact on the most important part of your business, your clients.

Note: This is just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

ResellersHQ, I think your completely right.
    But giving 1500mb of space and 20 gb of transfer a month for $50 a month and calling it a "Reseller account" isn't ethical. How can I compete with other hosting companies if I can't sell my product?

I'm not arguing, just pointing out something. I think that my host could give me a bit more space and save a $50 per month customer, don't you?

As a person who sells hosting, if a good customer asked about getting more space for their buck and showed me many more competitors that offer such deals (with good customer service and uptime) and discussed how it is nearly impossible to compete online with other hosts, I would def take it into consideration.

But giving 1500mb of space and 20 gb of transfer a month for $50 a month and calling it a "Reseller account" isn't ethical. How can I compete with other hosting companies if I can't sell my product?
    You don't have to buy from them. Maybe they have that price because that's simply what it costs them, because they provide top notch service.

Besides, being overly expensive does not equal unethical. There's nothing unethical about a Ferrari for example.

Hello,

1. If you are simply trying to compete on price, then you won’t be able to compete. In the end, it’s all about what value-added services you have that your competitor doesn’t. Also, like I said earlier, be sure you are comparing “apples” to “apples”. You need to be able to show your clients why your services cost a little more than others. If you ask me, you have already lost the battle if you are going to try and compete on price alone. Pick a specific market and target it. Make sure that what you are offering goes above and beyond what your competitors offer. Remember, you are trying to run a business here, and by not getting the best, most reliable service that you can afford, you are doing your clients wrong. Your reputation as a host relies heavily on the backend of the host that you choose. Think Stability and Quality, before Quantity, and you will be a lot better off in the long run.

2. As far as your host being able to offer you more for your money, I can’t say as I am not your host and I don’t know the expenses that are involved in keeping your account online. Every host’s formula for pricing is different and for me to say what another host can offer for a certain price isn’t possible.

3. If one of my good clients came to me with an offer from another host that was offering more resources, I would do my best to work with that client to accommodate them, but I certainly wouldn’t just drop my price and offer huge increases in resources to keep him. My business model requires that I maintain a certain level of pricing in order to continue to grow and keep improving my offerings. You need to figure out what sets you apart from your competitors and how to sell your self on that.

Again, this is just my opinion. ymmv

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Besides, being overly expensive does not equal unethical. There's nothing unethical about a Ferrari for example.
    Agreed, price has nothing to do with ethics in this case.

You guys are right. I should focus more on my business model. I am new to the hosting business. Just trying to get feedback on what ticks in the hosting business. Price is one thing, value is another.

You shall always first think. What do I need.

Then you shall look at the market. Who can give that.

Then select.

If you need this good support. OK then maybe the price is rigth.
    If you don't need that you kan have a 20Gb VPS for that price doing all management for that price.
    Or you can have a reseller for 5$

Hans