* Yahoo OWNS your domain names.

Read the gray text at the bottom of this page >
    may not be combined with other offers and discounts,exchanged or redeemed for cash.
    What? Yahoo wants to own your domain name? WOW!

Sorry, I don't see that
    Online power for online people!

It's in gray text at the very bottom. The quote above is just a piece of the paragraph.

It doesn't mean that way.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Then can someone explain, what it means. It would be greatly appreciated.

I don't see what naijahost is talking about at all.

I Googled the phrase and found it on many Yahoo pages including

"Customers are limited to one Offer per customer for customer's own purchase only and is non-transferable, and may not be combined with other offers and discounts, exchanged or redeemed for cash."

It seems to be standard yahoo disclaimer esp for webhosting so that you can only buy for personal can't buy in bulk and resell Yahoo services. You can't charge your customers $10 for domains and register them thru your Yahoo account for $4.98. It doesn't mean that you can't transfer out your domains

I don't read that way either. I've bought almost 20 from yahoo for $4.98 and they don't retain the rights for the registration period. It's to prevent you to treat the $4.98 as a reseller plan. You can always call them for clarification:

It’s just simply a matter of how you see it. In a way, you could
    say that yahoo “owns” your domains, just like registrars can do
    anything with your domain names as they see fit...but all within
    reasonable limits, of course.

Good point because you truly don't own your domain you lease it for 1-10 years or whatever. But you should have control over your domain while registered to you and that you do have that with Yahoo.

5$ 1 domain for 1 year, use it and through it.