Arrow ThePlanet server setup times

So I ordered my first of many new servers at TP. The sales team over there is definately on the ball and knowledgable about thier products so I went ahead and pressed the buy now button. 6 days later I have yet to get an update about the status of my box.

Tickets thus far have gotten me:
    "Well, we have several orders that we are trying to get done. Some of them are over 7 days old. We are doing them in the order they were placed."

So I'm on day 6 of the "5-7" setup and I would like to now if it's going to be more towards the 7 mark or over.

Anyone else had this long of a delay or has it become the norm? Am I being too impatient? Just curios why it takes such a well based company so long to setup a server.

Your thoughts?
    Virtuozzo/OpenVZ VPS Management | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Service Provider
    http://www.x1services.com/ Contact Us: sales@x1services.com
    Comming Soon: CircaControl! The Virtuozzo/OpenVZ Control Panel

You are welcome to email the sales dept. or open a sales ticket in Orbit and we can more then likely give you a rough ETA.

Thank You
    Jeff Reinis
    (469) 607-3005 - jreinis@cogentco.com
    www.cogentco.com
    Datacenter Colocation - Tier-1 IP Transit - Bandwidth Solutions

I've had a setup time for a server a week ago of about 24-30 hours. It was a Celeron Unmetered

Originally posted by YourHost
    You are welcome to email the sales dept. or open a sales ticket in Orbit and we can more then likely give you a rough ETA.

Thank You
    Yes, but it's a shame that people are having such long lead times on their orders - are you going to sort this out, so people stop moaning?

Personally speaking, I was very fortunate - we placed our order for our latest TP box on Friday night, and by Sat morning (about 12 hours later) it was up!

Al
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    www.4sites.com|| cPanel, php & mySQL hosting

What'd I tell you guys...the sales team is ON THE BALL!

Yourhost...already updated my ticket just waiting to hear something back. This really wasn't a rant so much as to see if this is normal outside of my previous DC. Thank you however.

Originally posted by ewhost
    I've had a setup time for a server a week ago of about 24-30 hours. It was a Celeron Unmetered
    lol - I think our posts must have crossed

Originally posted by X1Host
    What'd I tell you guys...the sales team is ON THE BALL!

Yourhost...already updated my ticket just waiting to hear something back. This really wasn't a rant so much as to see if this is normal outside of my previous DC. Thank you however.
    Yeh, they're def. on the ball - just a shame the people who make their servers, and put them online aint!

Al

Originally posted by alexrobonlin
    Yeh, they're def. on the ball - just a shame the people who make their servers, and put them online aint!

Al
    Guess that seems to be a side point of this.

I am glad to here you received a reply. If you need additional assistance please feel free to contact us. We put the statement on the order form so it would not catch people off guard.

We will do our best to provide you the very best hardware and service possible.

Thank You..
    Jeff Reinis
    (469) 607-3005 - jreinis@cogentco.com
    www.cogentco.com
    Datacenter Colocation - Tier-1 IP Transit - Bandwidth Solutions

I thought The Planet was supposed launch "Planet Real Time" on August 1st which guaranteed 30 minutes install times or your setup fee is waived?

http://www.theplanet.com/about/releases/06232005.html

I was thinking about getting a server with them, but I keep hearing install times are quite delayed from the time of ordering.
    Last edited by michael09091; 08-03-2005 at 04:49 PM.

Originally posted by michael09091
    I thought The Planet was supposed launch "Planet Real Time" on August 1st which guaranteed 30 minutes install times or your setup fee is waived?

http://www.theplanet.com/about/releases/06232005.html

I was thinking about getting a server with them, but I keep hearing install times are quite delayed from the time of ordering.
    Yes, apparently they are delayed for some servers (although, I have to say a new one we ordered at the weekend was setup in under 12 hours! )... their instant setup system is apparently coming online at the end of Aug now...

Alex

3 hours ago got the "just a couple hours tops"
    I'm sure it will be worth the wait...but this is just a bit frustrating.