IIS Vanished please help

hi,

Today we installed windws xp 2003 sp1 & security configuration wizard but after that i was shocked to find that IIS is not there on the machine it is gone...we don't understand what happened. did any body faced such a problem?

We are running helm and have about 700 sites hosted on the server. What may have happened? please help us to restore iis how can we do that?

Thanks in advance

What do you mean disappeared? Is the service not running or have you checked that the IIS installs are missing, etc.
    "I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ".
    Rodney Dangerfield (from "I Get No Respect!").

in your windows security configuration wizard - you need to add application role as web server, otherwise it removes IIS

Yes, Iis installation was missing after adding scw i don't under stand what happened. It was shocking

Then regarding the configuration we did not run the tool on istallation itself this happened.

Praveen

When you go to Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs -> Windows Component, is the Application Server and its components "ticked"?

Yes that (application server) was already ticked by default.

i only checked the scw and clicked next. It should remove application server only if we uncheck application server right?

i am sure that i have not done that.

Strange!