Mods, if this is not the appropriate place for this, please feel free to move it and let me know. Was not sure exactly where it should go. Didn't think it belonged in the advertising forums as it's not hosting related and definitely not for personal gain.

Click Here to go to the official JDRF Sponser Page!

For more info on Juvenile Diabetes, visit

Hello! Again, this year, I'll be taking part in JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes. This is my 9th year as a Team Captain and it's been a great pleasure to be able to participate in such a worthy fundraising event. Join me, along with one-half million other walkers across the country, as we try to reach our goal of raising $86 million.

Thanks to the generous donations of the members of WHT, and others, I was able to easily exceeding my personal goal of $500 last year. So, this year I've raised the bar. I'm reaching for the sky and aiming at doubling last year's goal to $1000.

Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating disease that affects millions of people—a large and growing percentage of them children.

There is some good news, though. For the first time, scientists are predicting that we CAN expect to see a cure well within our lifetime!

Now, more than ever, you can make a crucial difference. Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as possible? Together, we can make the cure a reality!

Knowing the Warning Signs for Type 1 Diabetes Could Save A Child's Life

Warning signs of type 1 diabetes (these may occur suddenly):
Extreme thirst
Frequent urination
Sudden vision changes
Sugar in urine
Fruity, sweet, or wine-like odor on breath
Increased appetite
Sudden weight loss
Drowsiness, lethargy
Heavy, labored breathing
Stupor, unconsciousness

If your child exhibits one or more of these symptoms, call a doctor immediately.

Education about the symptoms of type 1 diabetes is critical because type 1 can easily be mistaken for more common illnesses, such as the flu. JDRF has printed "Warning Signs" cards—with the symptoms and treatments of type 1 diabetes and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)—available upon request. For a free copy, send us a request by e-mail.

Each year, approximately 30,000 Americans are diagnosed with type 1 (juvenile) diabetes; over 13,000 are children. That's 35 children each and every day, approximately 1 child per hour.

Misdiagnosis can have tragic consequences, as the story of the Futrell family of Michigan sadly confirms. Knowing the warning signs of type 1 diabetes can save a life. Please share what you've learned with everyone—family, friends, teachers, doctors. Until a cure is found, the more who know, the more lives will be saved

Please help JDRF raise awareness about the warning signs of type 1 diabetes—a chronic, debilitating autoimmune disease that is most often diagnosed before the age of 30. As with many diseases, early diagnosis goes a long way toward preventing serious health problems, and even death.

What’s the latest research information? Is there a cure in sight?

This is the question JDRF is actually best equipped to answer, as the only major diabetes organization focused exclusively on research. JDRF is the number one nonprofit, nongovernmental funder of diabetes research worldwide and our mission is constant: to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. Since our founding in 1970 by parents of children with juvenile diabetes, JDRF has awarded more than $800 million to diabetes research (including more than $80 million in FY2003). JDRF is proud to say that more than 80% of our expenditures go directly to research and education about research. We have been instrumental in establishing a focus on the needs of all people with diabetes, which has helped set the world’s diabetes research agenda to find a cure, and we are witnessing significant research progress. In fact, after more than 30 years, we can now confidently state that, for the first time ever, a cure for type 1 diabetes is not only possible, but likely. To find out the latest in diabetes research news, you can do several things: subscribe to Countdown magazine; subscribe to JDRF’s Research Frontline e-newsletter; review the Research pages on this site; and.check our homepage, which is updated with new stories every Wednesday.

Click here to proceed to secured Official JDRF Sponser Page!

(I'd like to also mention that my largest donation last year came from a very generous WHT member..kudos!)

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.