Thread: Peer1 NYC

Peer1 NYC

Anyone pop out a few names of companies providing servers from Peer1's facility in NYC?

I know of netivex, ny********** ..
    It's Scott!

If I am not wrong, Rusko is an alternative.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Hmm, Voicemail.
    It's Scott!

You are correct Rusko is also in Peer1 NYC. I'm currently using Netivex and am very happy with them.

I like the look of them, But it seems that they don't really have a lot of options. 2 Ranges of servers etc.

I am still looking for a more constructive list before we move most of the things over into Peer1.
    It's Scott!

I just bought a dedicated over at Netivex, it's not even fully up and running yet and I'm already much happier than at my current host. The level of communication is great and their control panel is really great.

You might also try calling them asking them for referrals to a few companies that are located there.

Give Joe Cooper a call.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Ah thanks. I believe I was talking to you on MSN earlier.

I am Scott. Thanks for your help by the way.
    It's Scott!

Called up netivex.. seems they are what we are looking for. Next month will be the Peer1 move

Yey.
    It's Scott!

Originally posted by camers
    Called up netivex.. seems they are what we are looking for. Next month will be the Peer1 move

Yey.
    its good to hear the good news man please feel free to keep us updated on how it goes
    gilbert
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Re: Peer1 NYC

Anyone pop out a few names of companies providing servers from Peer1's facility in NYC?

I know of netivex, ny********** ..
    i do indeed have a voicemail from someone who appears to be asking for an email back with further info, but the email address is unintelligible in the voicemail unfortunately. if this was you, could you please email me (address in my sig) with a phone no you can be reached at and a good time to call.

look forward to speaking with you,
    -p
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Ah, Yes. My partner Victor left a message.

Hmm, We seem set on Netivex. But we are still considering FH over at equinox and possible you. We'll be in touch with you later today. I am extremely busy right now. Thanks for posting.
    It's Scott!

Originally posted by atchoooo
    If I am not wrong, Rusko is an alternative.
    thanks for the plug. i will say, however, that as far as peer1-nyc goes we're the 'gold standard', if you will - the others are 'an alternative', mostly for budget considerations for those who consider cutting corners on hosting to be a good business strategy. this may sound conceited, but the facts are that we've been there the longest, with a clear track record of performance and the largest (although by no means large in a mass market sense, more in a 'not a hobby business while the owner goes to school' sense) in peer1-nyc.

-p

Ah, Yes. My partner Victor left a message.

Hmm, We seem set on Netivex. But we are still considering FH over at equinox and possible you. We'll be in touch with you later today. I am extremely busy right now. Thanks for posting.
    dave is good people, definitely give him a shout. you also most likely meant equinix, since equinox is a chain of gyms popular among the gay and lesbian community in nyc ;] nothing against, of course, just not an intuitive place to collocate <grin>.

if you call and get a voicemail, chances are i'm on the other line (it's a pbx callaround) - *please* leave a clear message so i can return the call - it's incredibly frustrating not to be able to return one.

-p

Originally posted by dandanfirema
    You might also try calling them asking them for referrals to a few companies that are located there.

Give Joe Cooper a call.
    I had the pleasure of meeting Joe last week - if you're looking to be in Peer1, he's the guy for you. If your requirements are smaller than what Peer1 normally deals with, he'll certainly be able to point you in the direction of a solid reseller of theirs.

Regards,
    Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Originally posted by SMachiz
    I had the pleasure of meeting Joe last week - if you're looking to be in Peer1, he's the guy for you. If your requirements are smaller than what Peer1 normally deals with, he'll certainly be able to point you in the direction of a solid reseller of theirs.
    joe is a great guy, but he isn't going to sell you a server since they don't offer that ;] a nice guy he may be, a magician he ain't.

-p

Nope. We don't need colocation for now. I think the minimum is 1/8 cab?

Just putting one server in the testing waters over there for now. Moving 1 or 2 every month.

Rusko, did you get a number on your voicemail now?

Edit: I was told your voicemail sounded pretty static. The guy speaks clear as day when I talk to him. Perhaps you should tend to the problem.

Edit: Forget the call back now anyway. Thanks for the help.
    It's Scott!

You might want to find out if this is still the case but the last time I checked going direct with Peer1 required a 1 year commit. Not sure if that is a issue for you or not.

Moving into Peer1 slowly, with our past disasters. So this may be a big step before barging in with commits like that. So this is the first steps you see.
    It's Scott!