ServerPronto - Un-parallel horror

Just take a look at this "support" thread:

Me: Posted on 27 Jul 2005 03:34 AM
    When trying to pay the invoice from you through paypal it says:

Error Detected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This recipient is currently unable to receive money.
    Serverpronto: Posted on 27 Jul 2005 03:24 PM
    Jo,

Due to recent changes PayPal has made to their system, we are unable to accept PayPal as a form of payment. Unfortunately, these issues, although previously transparent to our customers, have existed for many months, and have recently taken a turn for the worse.

We have been and will continue to work with PayPal in an effort to bring a permanent resolution to these issues. Because of these issues, we are encouraging customers to use their credit or debit cards as a payment method rather than rely on PayPal’s system which to date has been highly problematic.

Thanks.
    Me: Posted on 27 Jul 2005 03:33 PM
    I dont have any credit or debitcard, thats why I chose you because you accept paypal. I hope you find a solution asap.
    Serverpronto: Posted on 27 Jul 2005 04:45 PM
    We will alert all Paypal customers once this clears up.

Thank you.
    Me: Posted on 02 Aug 2005 03:53 AM
    Have you fixed this error or not?

---------------------------------------------------------------
    ***FINAL NOTICE***

Your account with ServerPronto has continued to be in a past-due status despite repeated requests for payment.

Pursuant to our Terms of Service, your service has been suspended.

To restore your service, please log onto our Customer Service system to update your account and pay your outstanding balance. You will also be charged a $50.00(USD) service restoration fee.

The system can be reached via:

https://serverpronto.infolink.com/modernbill/

Should we not hear from you within 7 days, your service will be terminated and your account forwarded to a collection agency.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish to discuss this further.

The ServerPronto Team
    www.serverpronto.com
    +1 877 293 2095 (US)
    +1 305 324 1616 (outside US)

ServerPronto (an Infolink Company)
    www.serverpronto.com
    Serverpronto: Posted on 02 Aug 2005 05:16 PM
    Jo,

Negative. We have no control over this situation. It is recommended you seek an alternate payment method, such as credit card or money order.

Thank you.

Do you see WHY I'm angry? The terms was easy.. I was supposed to pay to pay throug paypal. There is something wrong with ther system, so now I cant pay through paypal. I now have to pay 50$ To get it open.. I say screw them!

Since they are a part of Infolink, I really would not recommend them either.

I'm getting the billing shaft from them too. I asked for cPanel on my server and agreed to the monthly charge. They totally neglected to bill me, and now I get hit with the bill a few months later. Outrageous.
    Regards,
    datruesurfer

NOW I Wonder how Ill manage to do a complete backup of my accounts, customers and all in time. Since I also have my own nameservers I'm really troubled over this issue. No way I'm gonna continue to use services from Serverpronto.

The problems begun with the setup. It took 2 weeks until my account was setup. This is my second month...

Hehe... backing up all my accounts now before they get a chance to kill the server.
    Regards,
    datruesurfer

It has nothing to do with serverpronto, paypal is the cause.... this same thing happened to 15minuteservers, nothing serverpronto can do about it... its not serverpronto's "systems" fault, its paypals.

Get a credit card or send them a money order, or paypal a friend and use his credit card...

Did they give a reason why they cannot accept paypal anymore? I've never heard of paypal cutting a businesses account without a reason..

PayPal is still working for us... I just received a new order this morning that was processed through them.

Originally posted by datruesurfer
    I'm getting the billing shaft from them too. I asked for cPanel on my server and agreed to the monthly charge. They totally neglected to bill me, and now I get hit with the bill a few months later. Outrageous.
    You have nothing to complain. You ordered a service and they bill you for it. Granted it's an error initially, that doesn't mean your obligations doesn't exist.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    Did they give a reason why they cannot accept paypal anymore? I've never heard of paypal cutting a businesses account without a reason..
    It happens when you deal with too big a volume. That's when they cut your account and request further documentation and approvals etc.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Nope, not recieved any good reason, and that was the terms of the account. I chose to pay through paypal on monthly basis. It is neither mine or paypal's fault that Serverpronto cannot follow up their offer.

I have a Business Premium account at Paypal myself and I use it daily without any problems.

The thing I really hate about them is their lack of support. Notice the "We will alert all paypal customers"

They never did and sent me a deactivation notice instead. Thats no way to do business among grownups..

Do you not understand? PAYPAL is NOT ALLOWING serverpronto to accept paypal payments, serverpronto cannot do anything about it

also make note that they ask you many times to input credit card or pay with money order, they will not give you free server because paypal does not allow them to accept paypal payments

If serverpronto want to keep customers, they should try harder to sort whatever the paypal problem is, if paypal want more documentation, why can serverpronto not provide that? unless they are some "hosted in a shed" company

I would not host clients on a server from serverpronto... too many bad things about them and this seems to "take the cake".

Their paypal account got frozen by the error you posted.
    ^_^

Originally posted by BSD2
    If serverpronto want to keep customers, they should try harder to sort whatever the paypal problem is, if paypal want more documentation, why can serverpronto not provide that? unless they are some "hosted in a shed" company
    You probably never had a displeasure to work with PayPal to unfreeze an account. I had not experienced it either, but I was assisting my friend when his account got frozen by a fraudulent report against him (someone paid for an item on Ebay then claimed 'never received'). It took 6 weeks (!!!!) to get the account (and all the funds in it) unfrozen, despite my friend's immediate action (sending the delivery confirmation etc.).

If available, I would highly recommend getting the PayPal MasterCard Debit card. It allows easy access to your PayPal funds available account balance and you can't go over your limit.

available, I would highly recommend getting the PayPal MasterCard Debit card. It allows easy access to your PayPal funds available account balance and you can't go over your limit.
    I have done this for years now, and...... you get CASH BACK!!!! only 1%, but hey, it adds up.
    Midwest Dedicated
    Content Management Solutions, Design, Managed Servers
    http://www.midwestdedicated.com
    Providing the highest quality IT services since 1999.

I change my mind about my first thought of server pronto i dont like them no more.

Wait a second here...

Their credit card processor is no longer allowing them to accept payments and its "the customers fault"

If my customers were no longer able to pay their bill because my credit card processor was not allowing payments to be made to me I would have to offer a grace period to the affect customers, It is not their fault.

This is ServerPronto's issue, They choose to allow payments via paypal and they should suck it up until they are able to fix this situation with their 3rd party credit card gateway.

This will conclude todays lesson in customer service..

(old thread)

yeah, an old thread, i thought i posted in this one...